Casuals should dictate phase rollouts, not hardcores

I don’t agree, Luuni.

MC and Onyxia are perfect farming raids and get faster and faster to do once you have gear. Onyxia has some of the best bags in the game. I’ll be running it every reset for that reason alone lol.

There are several pre-AQ40 BiS items in MC, Thunderfury has no replacement in the game until you kill Kel’Thuzad. I think Thuderfury is technically better even then.

So many BiS items in BWL as well. You want all of your DPS Warriors to have Chromatic Boots.

Also, I just don’t care if the poopsockers have to wait a month or two for a new patch to come out. There is plenty for them to do and if they are bored because they have done it all repeatedly for the last 10 years that’s too damn bad.

1 Like

6 content releases over 24 months = 4 months per patch

There doesn’t need to be a hard core focus nor does there need to casual focus. Roll it out over 2 years.

2 Likes

That has never been my experience on any private server. I’ve only seen them die when they get shutdown or a new fresh server rolls out.

You’re still not answering my question though.

How does that impact the casual player? That is going to happen no matter how long between raid dates and lets be 100% honest, if you’re casual you most likely won’t ever see a KT kill or deep naxx, not with the consumables required.

The gear gap means it is easier for pugs to clear “casual” content.

The gear gap essentially makes your casual content more accessible and improved the casual leveling experience.

Yeah, well you’re right there. There needs to be a pace that’s somewhere is the middle. Content releases have a lot of nuance…

I think this would be a good timeline. I’m just saying hardcore players shouldn’t push that release window faster just because they’ve been farming BWL for a month and are bored with current content.

Phase rollouts should be dictated by blizzard, based on a set schedule near to that of Vanilla’s original pace, which was for the most part fine. Casuals and Hardcores should have no influence on that. Especially casuals. MC will be cleared within a month of release, and probably sooner. It is not a skill challenge, it’s a preparation + coordination challenge and there will be plenty of p server vets who will roll right through it. If that effects your fun, go play retail.

There was a 100+ post thread a few days back with hardcore players already pestering Blizzard to release BGs faster because they want their content faster. I’m just hoping that hardcore raiders dont play into the release schedule and that all players are taken into account when it comes to releasing phases. Not just the elite few.

1 Like

I’d say the initial phases need to be a tiny bit faster to get the first BGs in. Then slow them a bit more each phase, putting Naxx at about a year and a half.

This is nowhere near the gear gains required to progress though. They’re not going to be asking for new content (if they have a clue) because they’d be hard pressed to progress.

It’s BFA where you get gear like candy.

Well considering that Classic is supposed to be a museum project and as such a close approximation to the original game. They really should roll out the patches as close to the authentic timeline as possible.

Whatever that means for players be they casual or hardcore is irrelevant because that is the way it should be done in this type of project.

Are you taking into account split runs?

Some guilds will require an alt by BWL and the gear will be funneled to the mains. Every raid tier an alt will be required. This is how some guilds are running it. So those 4 BWL runs for the main raid team just turned into 8. And before AQ releases some guilds will have three alts to funnel gear.

That just feels right. It makes the most sense to me.

1 Like

Hardcore players have always pushed the boundaries in gaming and casuals like to imagine this world where that effects them but for 99.9% of the “casual” players they will go about in their online world and never even interact with a “hardcore” player let alone have them impact their game somehow.

I was always a tier behind content but never in my life would it occur to me to ask that the people ahead of me be held back.

The tentative release schedule proposed by Blizzard looks fine to me but if they release it earlier or later it only really impacts the people who are at the very forefront of the content, not those at the back. That’s just the way vanilla works.

If hardcore players progressing through content faster ruins your enjoyment of the game, then you have a psychological issue. Especially in vanilla, where each tier of content from 5 man dungeons, UBRS through Naxx stays relevant for the entire expansion.

I can see that. By the time we had BWL on farm, all our alts were in T1 and moving into BWL. So we were running two raid teams in 2005/6.

I think some people are worried about the implications on a PVP server, which I can understand completely. You will have a hard time running around in blues or partial T1, is there’s 3 guilds from the other faction in T3…

I’m playing PVE, so it has no impact on me.

Well, there’s absolutely no indication whatsoever that Blizz is going to decide to roll out patches at different times on different servers, based upon the progress of the vanguard raiding guilds. Zero. It’s a non-issue, as doing it that way would not only be #changes of a massive magnitude, it would also make the possibilities of merging/separating servers based on population on overall demand much much more difficult and cost prohibitive.

No-one will have a main and 3 alts to 60 within a week.

Later patches sure, but that’s their choice. The people rushing Classic content are probably the same people rushing Retail. They shouldn’t dictate the pacing. If they’re bored, tough. They know what the content is, so if they want to wait and not play instead of improving their gear that’s their choice.

Its a static game… if you fall behind, its kind of easy to catch up seeing as they have no plan for content to be added. This shouldn’t be a worry. They shouldn’t cater to casuals or hardcore and just release the game in chunks that make sense.

I wasn’t implying they were going to do that. I was simply stating the concern from those people. Personally I think the only fair way is to get as close to Vanillas release schedule as possible.