Casuals should dictate phase rollouts, not hardcores

How many guilds killed KT in naxx, during vanilla?

And it wasn’t about the content being difficult nothing in vanilla was mechanically difficult. 40 bodies means 40 people consumed up and ready, 40 people attuned to the raid, 40 people not going afk every other pull, 40 people knowing the fights, gearing up 40 people so you can progress through raids that had gear checks like four horseman and warriors needing their tier set. There’s so much that goes into vanilla raiding. That isn’t even a thing in other expansions.

Ok…

Doubtful. The world record for leveling to 60 on official is like 4 days and change /played. You think 40 players are going to do that, plus get geared up in blues that never drop, plus get fire resist gear, plus get the waterlords water? In a week?

This isn’t some watered down, inaccurate, broken private server. This is Blizzard. Drops rates will be aweful, rep will be hard, encounters will work to their full extent, experience needed per level will not be skewed…

NOBODY will clear MC that quickly unless Blizz fudges their own game completely.

4 Likes

I believe the quickest was 9 days on a “blizzlike” private server.

No changes, emulate real release times.

Oh Ragnaros is definitely going down in less than a month. He can last for 2,5-3 weeks maybe. But it’s not like they are going to release the next phase immediately after.
However the thing is the vanilla content doesn’t get outdated like BFA one so casuals will be safe.
In BFA nobody runs Uldir anymore because its outdated and gear is garbage (you get better gear from world quests). That is not the case with Classic. Guilds that run BWL and AQ on farm will still do MC and ZG weekly runs and the gear is still viable. What I mean is Pre-Bis/T1 combo compared to T2 is not so big difference in comparison with Uldir / BoD gear.

I mean this kinda makes it seem like you never raided in vanilla and don’t understand how progressive gearing works.

While Molten Core can be done in a ton of sub-par gear most people won’t be clearing AQ40 without a large portion of their raid already being geared in T2 + T1 bonuses. This usually takes a few months of farming since there are so few drops compared to the 40 people you need to gear.

AQ was based on the event. The items for the said event are known and will be stock piled. Making the opening rather quick on a lot of servers.

We will see, but I think you will be surprised.

Fire resist gear isn’t necessary accept for the tanks.

And remember, we are getting the game in it’s 1.12 state. Warrior threat was buffed significantly, letting everyone do more damage… and we get 1.12 talents, and better knowledge of Pre-Raid BiS.

I don’t want this to be the case, but unfortunately, I think it will.

First month MC clear? Try first week. It’ll happen.

I raided in Vanilla and I know how it works. You don’t need full T2 to start progressing into AQ. That’s my point.

People will complain after they’ve done BWL for a few weeks and they have no other content to have. It’s exactly the same reason you see hardcore PVP players complaining that phase 1 and 2 have no BGs.

*Opps apologies. I’ll need to edit my previous comment. It said week when it should have been first month. My previous comments were stating people clearing within the first month or two. Sorry about that. Should have said month. I’ll edit it.

You might kill two bosses in AQ without significant gear.

Precisely.
To get 40 people geared with full T2 means you need 320 item drops without any item dropping more times than players of that class. Now have in mind that Paladin gear drops for Horde and Shaman gear for Alliance. That’s the reason many (even hardcore) raiders never get their full T2

Did I say Full tier 2 anywhere in my post? No, i said you need some t1/t2 bonuses for a good portion of your raid.

Also why does some guild pushing the envelope in terms of raiding have any effect on you?

Exactly how does AQ40 being open stop you from doing BWL or MC? How does Naxx being open stop you from doing AQ40?

I remember doing all the raids all the time, at no point was my guild not running MC every week to go for bindings, trying to get a priest a staff or someone mats for Nightfall.

Doing BWL clears well into Naxx progression for more warriors and some BIS items.

Doing AQ40 clears well into Naxx for some BIS items or ZG/AQ20 every reset for enchants.

Release dates literally have 0 impact on casuals.

1 Like

Release dates have impacts…

If not… they’re just release everything at once, right? Why does Naxx being out day one affect casuals?

1 Like

I started a thread a few weeks back asking how long we think each phase should last.

It didn’t get to far but the general consensus was 3-4 months between each phase.

I doubt we’ll see a play it by ear type of deal and get a hard number for how long each phase will last.

Release dates impact casuals because the gear gap between casuals and hardcore players increase at an alarming rate. Why do I keep reading all the private servers die after AQ 40 or Naxx?

The replies on reddit said one guild killed Naxx and then everyone stopped playing because it was hard to play on a PVP server with naxx geared players when they weren’t naxx geared.

So yes. Release dates matter. If they didn’t matter, private servers wouldn’t do the phase releases. Blizzard wouldn’t be doing them either.

1 Like

Day one openings are boring. I’d rather go through the various events again, like the AQ opening. It isn’t really the Vanilla experience without that stuff…

1 Like

That’s what she’s hoping for, that it doesn’t.

If content phases have a hard cap of 4 months between them that’s easier to plan around then say if phase 2 will begin 3 weeks after the first Rag kill which is alot harder to plan for.

1 Like

I was making a point to the previous poster who said release dates don’t impact casuals.

So I asked them why not make naxx release day one since it doesn’t affect casuals.

Release dates affect the entire game.