Casual vs 1% should stop

Metaslaves

1 Like

Top end raiders.

1 Like

If it causes you so much resentment then you shouldnt be playing games that include RPG in the genre.

Stop obsessing over numbers and meta slaving and choose what fits gameplay the best, if you are decent you will make it work, only bad players obsess over fotm.

I love the covenant choice cuz it is the first time WoW actually added some real heavy choice with consequence.

arguing agains him is like runing after clamedia man, stop wasting your time with him.

This is the reality.

Some normal raid hero throws shade at LFR and suddenly it’s all the Mythic elitists that are to blame.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing RPGs since I was 10 years old and TSR started making AD&D gold box games.

I never had to choose power in a way that made me resent a game, except now in Shadowlands, where if I’m forced to take Night Fae, I’m really going to hate the whole expansion.

Yeah, the consequence of making a bunch of people quit again. Like BfA did in patch 8.0.

4 Likes

Nobody is forcing you, you choose to be a meta slave

1 Like

Just don’t pick Night Fae then.

1 Like

That’s not how Mythic raiding works. And If I can’t Mythic raid, I’ll unsubscribe, Heroic raiding is boring to tears.

Which can mean simply not playing the game at all to me. Because no content I enjoy would tolerate not being optimized. So it’s either play the content I like while in a Covenant I hate, or don’t play the content I like, which means unsubscribing.

The question is more : what do you guys gain from this ? Nothing at all.

Thankfully, Blizzard is listening, because they are literally destroying all the Covenant powers and nerfing everything to oblivion so that none of it ends up mattering.

6 Likes

Depends on who brings in more revenue lmao. The 1% will never leave even if the game goes p2w so their sub is guaranteed as they will console themselves that it is not. and blame others that they don;t see stuff in their point of view. :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t see the point of arguing. People who are top tier chasers will do it regardless of what others say.

In my camp, we should relax and clear heroics at our pace. We aren’t rushing for world first, so we should just enjoy ourselves.

1 Like

I know you’re just trying to be the jack-___, but I’m bored and I shall bite.

Your power comes from Soulbinds. Soulbinds are restricted to Covenant choice. You now have meaningful choice in player power.

Abilities are talents, they require reputation to unlock. Reputation earned through RPG. First choice determines main choice, others come later as you get revered.

Meaningful choice not hurt, and players have freedom that doesn’t hinder them under exact scenarios with only a difference in meaningful choice.

Besides, just like any other RPG, there is no meaningful choice. Players will figure out which is the best and will play with that. Sucks you can’t play illusion magic since the final boss is immune to it.

2 Likes

If your guild has such a stick up their bum that they’d uninvite you for not being a Night Fae DK, there’s other mythic raiding guilds who will take you. If you’re good, you’ll be fine.

4 Likes

People take this game, and what other people do in it, too seriously.

1 Like

Well I mean there are those of us that just stick to one spec of a given class, like this character has been some variation on Fire since vanilla.

That is an easily provable lie and a common myth you are pushing.

Easily invalidated by the fact underperforming specs still do mythic, just check all the survival hunters, arcane mages, sub rogues who still do mythic just fine because they are skilled people and that matters far more than copying the FotM.

Once again nobody is forcing you to do anything, you have chosen to be a metaslave

2 Likes

No, there’s not. At least nothing that isn’t doing Mythic at a level higher than your typical random trade pug.

Yeah, I’ll be fine because I’ll pick the choice that makes me resent the game. Unfortunately, you won’t be fine, because you’ll hear me complain about it until Blizzard eventually fixes it.

Lucky for you : you might not have to wait long, Blizzard is in the process of crushing out all the power from Covenants as we speak, nerfing everything down so low it maybe won’t matter.

Again : what do you even gain from this ? You’re picking the Covenant you want, regardless of power. So what do you gain having power tied to it ? Nothing. That’s what.

6 Likes

Roses are red, the color doesn’t matter. Choice is an illusion, the system will shatter.

2 Likes

No group is trying to do this. That’s something that only exists in your mind.

6 Likes

How would you know.

10 Likes