Casual vs 1% should stop

nor casual or the so called 1% are wrong or right. both have a differencial preference from gameplay point of view.

yes some people love min/max, like some just love doing what they want and how they want.
can we just stop throwing rock from each other’s for god sake.

33 Likes

Unfortunately no. It’s been this way for years.

It’s funny, because I’m pretty sure none of the “1%” actually give a crap what casuals do.

59 Likes

Who is the 1%?

1 Like

How is the 1%?

4 Likes

The game shouldn’t be designed around metaslaves who stress about any mechanic that keeps us from being clones of each other. Nor should it be designed around hypercasuals who refuse to socialize or learn their class, so they just stick to LFR.

Blizz needs to rekindle with its target market.

8 Likes

:roll_eyes:

And there we go, the supposed “Casuals” that are completely butt hurt other people like maximizing their output. The toxicity is literally just 1 sided.

People being able to change talents and customize their toons to be more performant doesn’t impact you bro.

30 Likes

Some forumers blame shadowlands delay on the 1% aka mythic raiders/high key pushers/elite rated PVP’rs who min-max. They don’t know anything about the state of shadowlands beta and how terrible it is.

11 Likes

We need each other. The 1% shows the developers the OP classes and they need adjustments to let others shine. Us casuals, provide funding keeping the game profitable for continuation.

2 Likes

Human tribal nature will never end

2 Likes

I think the rub is that both “sides” are convinced that the other is steering the game to its doom.

4 Likes

Yet only one group tries to turn this game into overwatch with raids and ruining all RPG elements because “muh balance”

10 Likes

i have seen so many time casual crying about the 1% and the 1% do nothing about them because they continue their business but still getting hit.

perfect exemple convenant conduit and soulbind. damn i hate those system, if only the convenant was cosmetic only no one would have raged from both side. and conduit and soulbind was non existant all that debacle would not exist.

2 Likes

Outside of making really big videos saying how the game is terrible, it is a disaster, covenants bad, conduits bad etcetc and should be turned into overwatch with raids and send their followers to repeat their talking points in these very forums or outright link their outrage videos

5 Likes

dont come derail this thread ralph. you have your opinion and everyone know it, stop with that circle of hatred.

13 Likes

Honestly this is a lose lose situation according to everyone.

The 1% show what is broken and people clamber to those classes and the casuals enjoy the overpowered classes but at the same time they complain about the 1% ruining the fun of the overpowered classes and get the game nerfed when they are all the ones flocking to those classes because they see the min/maxers playing them.

But at the same time the casuals are big group that just want to derp around and hang out with friends, farm mounts and all that jazz and lets be honest don’t give two tosses to their own performance and just copy what the high end does.

Both sides need each other the top end needs the casuals since they don’t make up the vast bulk of the game and don’t really bring in alot of money but at the same time the casuals need the 1% since they are the main driving force or helping to balance the game since they are the ones that find most of the broken classes.

3 Likes

Funny, because the side that seems most opposed to RPG elements is the side that wants Covenants to be a math choice, aka, the “casuals” “make those metaslaves pay!”.

Most hardcore players I’ve seen want Covenants to be an RPG choice, and would rather player power elements be freely swappable so that Covenants don’t devolve into choosing what sims better.

11 Likes

The only 1% that exists in this forum is the bottom 1%, the top 1% probably don’t care and the real casual don’t go to the video game forum.

2 Likes

I like that term.

1 Like

I’m gunna yeet that rock like it’s a car battery and these forums are the ocean.

1 Like