There Should be Requirements For New Players Before Tanking A Dungeon

We barely have any tanks these days and this guy is trying something to make it even harder to the ones wanting to tank?

Lmao

1 Like

hell eyah put this requirements so LFD will die and no one ever will make a dungeon leveling, so great idea put more obstacles in the less played role and the one that bottleneck the forming of groups

This is what you ask for when you sign up for matchmade content. If you can’t handle absolute chaos and disappointment make your own group.

This guy needs to catch a suspension and maybe some anger management classes.

Zero reason for that behavior.

No, that’s why the “leave party” or “Vote to kick” options exist. To get rid of dead weight or barring that, remove yourself from carrying it.

Should probably check that ego timmy.

Oh … I see. You are completely toxic all the time.

What ego ? If you want to carry dead weight for an hour and a half in a 20 minute dungeon, have at it. Imma try to kick. If that fails, I’m out.

Been there, done that.

Toxic for pointing out that some people enjoy maximizing their output ?

A post from October 2020 ?

How did you even dig that up ? It has 30 :blue_heart: too!

I don’t even see what’s toxic about it. “Stop fighting between 1% and casuals! Stop being hurt by others wanting to maximize their output!” lmao.

Dehumanizing comment so you can justify mistreating your fellow players. It’s a pretty disgusting habit.

Oh my

You are part of the problem for the tank shortage. I’ll give some solutions to your problem…some of which are the exact solutions elitist’s (which you sound like) give to solo or casual players.

1. Find a friend to tank
  2. Join a guild and run leveling dungeons as a guild
  3. Level a tank yourself
  4. Leave dungeon…dps are a dime a dozen and you aren’t needed
  5. Just don’t run leveling dungeons
  6. Let people learn their class. Leveling dungeons are a breeze and a great area for tanks to learn. Without being condescending, help the tank out. Give him pointers. I promise you…you will feel better after the dungeon if you help.

I’d also like to point out…of all the replies to this post almost all of them are against you. I’d almost agree with that guy saying this is just a troll thread but because of your 2 edits it makes me think it isn’t.

2 Likes

Humans can be dead weight. Nothing dehumanizing about it. It’s just an expression that means someone isn’t performing up to the average of the group, putting an increased strain on others.

By leaving ?

I’m mistreating others by leaving a dungeon ?

Do you hear yourself.

DO you? Spend some time today and learn something about piety, sympathy, empathy and compassion.

It’s not too late. You don’t have to be like this forever. :hugs:

Yes. I hear myself saying

Which is not mistreating anyone. It’s literally using game functions for their intended purposes. If someone is disrupting the run, you vote to kick. If people want to run with the person being a disruption but you don’t, you leave.

No mistreatment involved in any of those options.

You’re right, it’s not too late for you to stop being a troll.

It is when nothing is registering between two pointsand the older you get the more stubborn to learn as well. Some folks don’t have any you presented.

Oh i’m very on topic.

There Should be Requirements For New Players Before Tanking A Dungeon

You signed a social contract that says:

While in Azeroth, do your best to:

Connect with other players and make friends! Being courteous in group content can help you and your teammates have the best time possible. Sending a friendly hello message can help set your group up for success.
Play as a team with your fellow players - whether in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arenas, or out questing in the world. Do your best to support your team through your communication and behaviors so that you can all celebrate your success together.
Assist other players that you encounter in the world. Maybe they need some help defeating a tough monster, or maybe they could use a little healing!
Help answer questions others have in chat channels like General or Trade. We were all newbies once - one person offering some help can go a long way!

Please explain how your actions follow the contract.

You also agreed to:

We recognize that the Internet is not always a safe haven. With that in mind, please note that the following behaviors are not accepted in Azeroth:

Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player's identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability
Harassment, threats, or abusive / derogatory language and behaviors
Spamming, advertising, or other disruptive behaviors
If you harm your fellow adventurers with any of the above behaviors, you are subject to punishment up to and including suspension of your account.

Please explain how referring to people as trash and dead weight does not violate the derogatory language clause?

1 Like

I think you’re better off playing skyrim if you don’t have patience for other people. Everyone has to learn at some point. It’s not like they are tryong to tank naxx. And boohoo about clearing the dungeon actually instead of being a cheese artist.

Jeebus my dude. If we can’t call dead weight dead weight anymore, what can I say. Guy doing sub healer DPS in a dungeon is not pulling his weight. The expression for that is dead weight.

If you want Fake nice go to FF XIV.

It’s a kids video game. You plan on growing out of the sixth grade bully phase?

T for Teens. Not P for Participation Trophy.

So you don’t want me to leave a dungeon I’m not having fun in where someone is disrupting the run ?

Is that what you’re saying ?

Leaving a dungeon is bullying now ? Serious question : are you ok ?

Why don’t you tank. Problem solved.

It really shouldn’t be up to other players to help new players get started in dungeons. There should be a “basics of dungeons” and a “basics of [role]” tutorials/scenarios to get them started right, to show them what to watch out for.

Considering that Atal’Dazar and Freehold are the first two dungeons that new players will see, and they’re full of mechanics those players might miss if they don’t know better, those would be a great place to start.