Casual Players Have No Endgame in BFA: Low Level M+ Needs a Redo

The artifact weapons had a lot of effects that were lost, too. Some classes didn’t even get their artifact ability back.

I’m legitimately curious about something. For players that find a +2 difficult, why are they worrying about the timer instead of just completing the dungeon?

They moved the higher rewards down to the lower dungeons, so it compensates. In legion M+ was not on a true exponential curve. This expansion it is more consistent and exponential. So a 0 to 2 is supposed to be a noticeable jump in difficulty as the way exponential curves function.

Anything less than a regular mythic is actually nerfed content.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/abt4ju/m_scaling_for_bfa_season_1_and_speculation_going/

2 Likes

Really, I assumed the 1% were the ones that were raiding to get world first/be one of the first ones to clear mythic.

Congratulations on regurgitating that exact same statement with nine more words.

I don’t understand what was confusing about that statement or what you are agreeing/disagreeing with.

Content is irrelevant to this discussion as endgame means manything to many different people. For some people endgame is getting all the transmog, collecting all the pets, getting every mount. Getting cutting edge or AOTC. whatever floats your boat.

Mythic world first is not 1%, that is the 0.001%, 1% would probably be closer to guilds that managed to kill the last mythic boss on the final day before a new raid tier comes out; speaking in for the Cutting edge.

Do you know how many players cleared level 60 Naxx? It was way less than 1% of the playerbase, I think the number was 0.11% of the playerbase completed level 40 Naxx.

The content being so difficult is what sparked so much interest, the desire, the lure, the wanting to be a part of that.

Six (6) guilds have killed jaina as I type, that is a miniscule fraction of 1%.

For funzzies… look up the kill percentage on yogg +0.

Hope that clears that up.

-acknowledged

Idk if they know. If 2 is a challenge, you can live in 2s. If you can get one in time, try the 3, worse case, you have a 2. My guess is that they feel they don’t need to do this because they are 380+ from putzing around. Which brings back the loot shower.

5 Likes

Sorry I harshly disagree with this man your guild can easily form a 10 man and raid a normal raid which isn’t bad at all as far as mechanics go, but mythic plus rewards are exactly where they need to be at right now. I run +9 and 10+ right now in time trying to push into +11 - +13s with my team and the challenge is what makes it fun. I don’t want to be handed a piece of 400 gear for doing a 5 or 6 I want to run a 10 and feel like I earned it. the Mythic+ system gets gradually harder as you push the key stone and you can easily do a little research and figure out the mechanics, as well as learn how to use your class to the maxium effect within the dungeon. These are things you as the player are responsible for learning, and mastering the game shouldn’t get easier you should be striving to get better that’s the whole point of a progression based RPG man.

1 Like

Yes, yes it is.

Fortified and Tyrannical adds around 20% extra health to the dungeon in total. Which is the difference between 1 chest and 2 chest. Which is why you hardly ever see people 3 chesting dungeons in BFA, while it was the norm in legion.

No, they didn’t. No, it doesn’t.

You only needed a +10 to get max cache in 7.0. The dungeon chest rewards were the same increase in ilvl over reg mythic as in BFA. And getting a +10 was orders of magnitude easier due to the lack of tyrannical/fortified at 2-9. This really isn’t that difficult a concept I don’t really understand why you can’t just accept it.

Your own link shows that a +8 in BFA is already scaled harder than a +8 in Legion 7.0 before even adding Tyrannical or Fortified to that scaling. A legion +8 was 56% more HP and damage than +0. BFA is 59%. Then add fortified on top of that.

1 Like

And getting a +10 was orders of magnitude easier due to the lack of tyrannical/fortified at 2-9.

*citation needed

You need a citation that legion M+2-9 didn’t have fortified/tyrannical, or do you need a citation that having no affix is easier than having an affix?

Totally agree with the OP. All this new stuff I have come across with this expansion after not playing it in some time makes you want to pull your hair out. Raiding should go back to normal and heroic. Stop nerfing the content Blizzard and have the older stuff scale to the level of the toons in the dungeons if people want some difficulty. Also this time walking stuff needs to go. It is ridiculous how you can just roll through content that used to be challenging. With another toon tonight we were in that dungeon that was part of the whole Blood Elves Sunwell deal with that crazy raid and well I remember the dungeon when it was a challenge and tonight it was like get your rewards and get out. Anyway I haven’t raided once with the toons I have on my accounts since getting the expansion and the reason being is because everything has been made an ugly, mixed up mess of garbage. Heck get rid of the cross realm raiding while you are at and just admit you have less subs and merge the darn servers more. The grind to get new races was something that never should have happened. Also flight should have been able to be done simpler like it always was. Also the way professions are now yes you don’t have to go back to old areas and get stuff but is that really good? You killed the open world even more. Anyway I came back to the game and gave it a shot again with my son for quite a few months and well it is just not the same anymore and not in a good way. Heck can you not have servers with M+ raiding and others without it? Anyway what I think this M+ did is divide the community even further which is not something you want if you want the game to gain subs again and get people back to playing. I am pretty much at the point where I feel afraid to raid which I never felt in TBC or WOTLK.

So Blizzard’s way of making it more fun is amp up the damage making it harder on healers.

Then add HPs so it takes longer to kill something.

That’s such a wonderful design. I glad you find it fun. For most it’s a snooze fest that’s boring for DPS mashing their buttons longer to kill something and more work for healers.

Why that’s fun I don’t know. But to each his own I guess.

The goal is to reach the levels where a mistake is instant death. Nothing a healer can do.

Well judging by your gear score and the fact you haven’t done a single keystone this patch I’d say you’re not the target audience of keystones to begin with. The challenge is fun it makes you actually play your class instead of face roll through the dungeon.

1 Like

Claiming that something is easier requires empirical data. Adding HP and damage doesn’t necessarily make something harder if the relative damage from the player is higher to compensate.

So, let’s see some data from you on key acquisition and completion!

sure champ

If you had anything to show for your anecdotal feeling that the game is too hard you would have shown it in any of your dozens of whining posts.

Take your feeling of entitlement to a maxed out weekly chest somewhere else.

There’s plenty of evidence that low level M+ is more difficult in BFA than it was in legion. The completion rates have been posted in this forum many times.

I just don’t really have any interest in googling them to show someone who obviously doesn’t care anyway and is only here to troll.

Correlation does not imply causation.

1 Like