Casual Players Have No Endgame in BFA: Low Level M+ Needs a Redo

That’s true, but the new system is to ease people into m+ more.

Your logic is incredibly flawed. The problem with current low mythic isn’t a “get good”. Its that if you’re good enough to do it, the rewards aren’t worth the effort because they aren’t faceroll and there are much better sources of loot if you know what you’re doing. They literally have no target audience now.

4 Likes

Target audience for low mythic is to acclimate people into higher mythics.

1 Like

Remove the free gear. Or at least put it on a time table that makes some sense.

Qft.

Either you want to participate in the 5 man end game or you don’t. If you’re hunting gear, there are no try methods. If you would prefer to play the game, start with 2s and work your way up.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter the difficulty, that very well may be the skill cap they max out at. No need to make them feel bad about it. What I was trying to address is your handling of them. No, they don;t belong in endgame content, not one bit; but how do we put them though the paces to see if they can learn.

Sure, I wont be sacrificing my key, but i’ll run em through on their key.

1 Like

And some people might find the difference between normal dungeons and heroic dungeons too big of a leap.

The solution isn’t to make heroic dungeons easier.

2 Likes

If you’re the kind of player who is going to be pushing mythics, you have no reason to run the low ones. If you can do a +2 and have the skill to push, you can take your welfare gear and do +10. The loot from the low tiers isn’t good enough to be worth running if you’re skilled enough to run higher tiers.

And yes, the welfare gear needs to go away. But since the current dev team has no idea what it’s doing and thinks raining sunshine for nothing is what keeps players, that isn’t going to happen.

If you’re the kind of player who is going to be pushing mythics, you have no reason to run the low ones. If you can do a +2 and have the skill to push, you can take your welfare gear and do +10. The loot from the low tiers isn’t good enough to be worth running if you’re skilled enough to run higher tiers.

Where do you draw the line though? If someone else doesn’t need it, it shouldn’t exist? or be nerfed to the people that can’t currently access it?

This is the unfortunate side effect of the top 1% breaking the game, and everyone else not them gets to live with it for months. Blizzard every expansion takes steps to “nerf” quick progression though Mythic raids… jaina dead 24 hours after she is open. So they made the currency for the Azerite vendor ridiculously expensive, implemented a bunch of gear rules, and a few other tweaks in hopes to slow Method down… by what? A few hours?

Did you know they had their entire raid race change to troll to beat Jaina, the reduced loss of character control.

1 Like

No it’s not, i agree with you there, I personally thing 5 man groups; atleast the introductory series is toooooooooo easy, and reality sets in when they hit M+2. Maybe at least one random weekly mythic mechanic should be included in Normal and heroic runs. That way they get used to them, instead of throwing it all at them once they get passed a +5.

Buff normal and heroic because people fail at mythic+ doesn’t seem like a good solution.

The way it’s currently designed, is to make each affix a much smaller leap compared to before where the difference between 9 and 10 was dramatic. That doesn’t exist in BFA.

Now the difference between 0 and 2 is as large as the difference between 9 and 10 in legion.

The difference is that you could avoid that jump in legion by just doing 2-9. Which is what many people did. Now you can’t avoid it at all, your only option is M0 on a weekly lockout.

2 Likes

Now the difference between 0 and 2 is as large as the difference between 9 and 10 in legion.

The difference is that you could avoid that jump in legion by just doing 2-9. Which is what many people did. Now you can’t avoid it at all, your only option is M0 on a weekly lockout.

Not really? m+0 to m+2 is far less of a jump compared to m+9 to m+10.

1 Like

It’s exactly the same jump, perhaps even more so because fortified affix in Legion was pretty irrelevant given that most trash didn’t do a lot. Fortified in BFA adds more difficulty than most other affixes do, and it starts at level 2.

1 Like

This seems to be selective memory. Trash in Legion mattered a lot in some dungeons.

1 Like

I really don’t see how trash becomes a problem in low level M+ without pulling extra packs and wiping. Or just repeatedly standing in the bad. I mean, if it hurts you, wouldn’t you slowly learn to avoid it? There aren’t a lot of 1 shot trash mechanics in low level M+.

1 Like

You misunderstood me, that’s fine; let me clarify. I don’t mean buff low level introductory dungeons, what I do mean is encourage behaviors and responses to mechanics they will need later on.

For example, I say… keep normal and heroic as they are… but toss a “little less than lethal” Affix in there. So they see it, learn to respond to it. Volcanic would be a great starter, it wont one shot anyone, but it will teach them “hey, this is what I look like… move”

All the affixes are viable candidates to be learned in beginner dungeons, just less than lethal. Maybe Tyrannical could be a bit fringe, but it will definitely teach them and show them… these things do exist, respond accordingly.

The first time a healer steps into a Mythic with Grievous, only to realize they can’t go AFK and make a sandwich.

The first time a tank steps into one with Nectotic, pulls the whole room and falls flat on his face dead.

The first time a DPS sees Bursting and happy go lucky kills itself AOE’ing everything.

There needs to be a bit more of an introduction to these mechanics at an earlier stage of the game.

hope that clears things up.

1 Like

The problem with these “little less than lethal” mechanics, and part of what makes low tier Mythics so friggin painful in the current game, is they don’t cause the average casual/baddie to learn mechanics. Since it doesn’t kill them, most of them just take it and the healer’s blood pressure goes up another notch.

2 Likes

All the affixes are viable candidates to be learned in beginner dungeons, just less than lethal. Maybe Tyrannical could be a bit fringe, but it will definitely teach them and show them… these things do exist, respond accordingly.

At lower levels tyrannical isn’t even really an affix, it’s just scaling.

2 Likes

Exactly. It makes the boss hit a little harder “big whoop!” And it lives a bit longer - often making it harder to just nuke and avoid mechanics. I think tyrannical and fort are great first tier affixes. They make you realise that the dungeon changes each week. Some weeks the trash is hard. Others the bosses are hard.

2 Likes