Casual bashing

what ? out numbers ?

Ion has apparently acknowledged this issue. Hopefully you’ll have something in place by 9.1, though what exactly I don’t know.

Great seeing you Turnberry!

How many in ratio elist to casual then? You tell me.

what the numbers of players has to do with tokens ?

Price and real money values.

yeah tokens = 20$ sub = 15$

Zoom out and see the whole picture and you’ll see but that’s another subject on the side to the topic we’re doing.

kinda confused about this reply

Really? Because lately the forums have been ranting about Blizzard profits, and how most of that is coming from token sales.

Casuals don’t buy tokens, therefore it’s not the casuals keeping the lights on. But the accumulated player base buying tokens from Blizzard (little bit of everybody).

Talk from Limit and other world first race guilds have talked about how they’ve dumped so much money into tokens this xpac already as to be able to have gold to afford all their goodies to stay competitive in the world first races (fair to say if they’re doing that, so are other world first guilds).

So the real question is, if it truly is token sales keeping the game afloat, which “group” of people are the largest contributing factor to token purchases?

Not true really… if they can get a bunch of people to pay $20 a month with tokens over $15 a month then those who pay $20 are more important. It’s basic business…hic!

Just for the record, token sales only offer a $5 profit :smiley:

Right,you got it it isn’t the casual is it.

Aren’t you defending the person saying it’s the casuals, and now you’re agreeing with me that it’s not the casuals?

You have to pick one side buddy lol

Where did the other $15 dollars go - thin air, paid somewhere else - the company got one person to pay $20 for another person. But they only made $5? ok.

In my opinion ,in number of people subscriptions wise , they are paying more than tokens are being bought ,roughly 70 percent each month than any guild pays in money to buy them at one time even during their push. Go figure.

Person A pays for sub
Person B buys token for gold for game time

Person A pays $15 for a sub
Person A also pays $20 for a token.

Person A pays $35 in total.

Person A sells token for gold and gets rid of token. Person A has paid $35 for 1 month of game time (since they got rid of the token, they lost 30 days game time in favor of gold)

Person B pays $0 for a sub but uses in game gold and gets token and 30 days game time for “free”

So $35 was spent for 2 months of game time. $15 for a sub, $20 for a token.

2 months of sub = $30

$35 - $30 = $5 profit.

1 Like

Hint, raiders are subscribers …too.

That’s not an elite player bashing you, that’s another casual player bashing you.

Most of the “casual bashing” comes from other casual players.

Brewa, long time no see.

Still tanking for your guild raids? How’s Brewmaster holding up this xpac?

Yep, Brewmaster turned out pretty good after I switched to Kyrian.

Way more buttons than on a bear, though. Took some getting used to. :laughing:

1 Like