Casual bashing

Seeing as most elites haven’t paid a Sub since the token option was introduced back in Legion, maybe, you ought thank a casual player for paying their subscription and keeping the lights on around here. You’re basically playing for free. What do you care what they are wearing or their game experience? Are you playing for your ilvl or your experience of mythic content? Maybe if they are bothering you I can see an issue. But me wondering around in the woods doing world quests in ilvl 220 or 180 should bother you one little bit and if it does that is a “you” issue.

51 Likes

No. Because one players sub isn’t more important than other players just because they play the game differently.

8 Likes

That depends, am I a casual or an elite?

Why are there so many casual vs elite threads lately?

15 Likes

It’s a good topic for getting a rise out of people and isn’t easily 404’d. It’s like what the “LGBT Representation” threads were when they kept popping up in bunches.

3 Likes

My guess is some people thought there would be valor points for all and not just for high level M+ keys

13 Likes

I’m casual and never paid a monthly sub, nor an xpac since token introduction so I don’t see your point.

2 Likes

my eyes just rolled so far back into my head they fell out.

11 Likes

Nobody cares if you’re doing WQs. They only care if top notch gear was obtainable via WQs. World Quests were a major complaint in BFA. Thankfully, Blizzard won’t go down that road.

You people talk about those who actually play the game like they’re bank CEO’s.

It’s kind of pathetic in a funny sort of way.

By that logic, the “elites” are doing more of the funding since tokens are $20 dollars vs $15 lol.

5 Likes

This whole expansion, it’s systems on systems, time gating, over complicated loot, a signature feature that offers nothing - all of it - to me - huge miss and you know what, they really needed to knock it out of the park this expansion.

I had hoped for much better than this.

6 Likes

Would you consider me an elite for being 5/10M and KSM right now? What about the fact that I have literally never bought a token with gold cause I’m broke.

100% my ilvl and dps. I could care less about mythic content other than the fact that it gives that ilvl to me and rewards. You having gear that I worked much harder for invalidates my gear.

A foolish view given the way pvp gearing currently works and the fact that blizzard was almost certainly going to copy paste it on pve.

God these “woe is me, casual player” pity threads sure are getting old pronto.

12 Likes

playing for Ilvl.

Casual Competence would make a great guild name.

2 Likes

You’re right. We should shut up and just leave.

3 Likes

It’s herd reaction. You see one topic getting lots of responses, you make one yourself. And then someone has an opinion they feel needs airing more openly, so they make a post on the topic also. It just keeps rebounding around until the next Flavour-of-the-Forum hits and distracts from it. My reaction normally is "oh, post #62 on the topic, time to start using the Mute.

1 Like

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f380bf4c15c8b85ea1363404c4daca88/tenor.gif?itemid=14492653