Capping MMR is extremely bad for the game and does nothing but promote bickering and toxicity

The fact is, the top 3-5% of arena are highly competitive and they hate losing.

Let’s look at the consequences for capping shuffle MMR for instance -

Firstly - it is annoying because you are grinding hard, barely moving up and find it much more difficult to acquire rewards.

Secondly and most importantly - it puts players who are of inferior skill level with much more experienced players and when they are making huge mistakes that are not normally seen at the X level of game play, it does nothing but cause the lobby to make snarky rude remarks, makes the lesser expierenced player go on the defensive and or complain.

This season alone I have seen more toxicity, bickering, complaining, people crying about MMR and how unfair it feels than any other season , blah blah blah. Just fix it and move on, stop capping it, it should never be capped ever. I thought this was learned after the prior seasons in DF where it was capped, people complained and quit and then it was uncapped and the ladder flourished.

If the idea is to simply cap arena and not cap RBGs to force people into RBGs, this would be the most toxic design I have ever seen. I like to think that’s not what’s going on but why else would RBGS be uncapped tbh?

3 Likes