Cape corruption cap catch up

Lol dude you just don’t get it. You’re a no longer, its cool, but your mentality is gonna bleed the game dry.

Games are about having fun. If doing endless chores and being punished for not doing them is how this game is going to go it’s gonna die. People are going to go play other stuff which is exactly what’s been happening.

1 Like

A true casual plays WoW because it’s fun and are rewarded for the X amount of time they put in. Not being entitled and ask to be rewarded with 0 time and effort invested. A true casual wouldn’t care if rewards are missed for not playing the game, because that doesn’t “punish” them because a game is meant to be entertainment and not a job. So I dont think you are casual like you claim. you are just lazy/bad at game and entitled.

1 Like

Again, if you are saying that you are going to unsub because you can’t find 60 minutes a week to get this cloak upgrade, then I would not want to stop you.
You don’t seem to enjoy the progression model the game offers, and the best thing you can do is take a break.

Same goes for everyone.
Play the game, have fun, but realize if you want things you must work for them.
You will not get everything for no effort, and demanding such will not make the game better for anyone.
There will always be something you want that you can’t get, so the sooner you come to this realization the healthier relationship you can have with your time in the game.

And the sooner you learn this lesson the quicker you can apply it to IRL situations that are similar.

I did my first one last night. I felt like I’d been scammed, and that’s what you’re describing. I can see why so many people quit the game after doing one. Like so many game mechanics, they’re designed to make the new player to them feel horrible.

I was having fun until I did my first horrific vision. They seem intended to make people demotivated from ever playing the game again. No wonder so many people have quit in this patch.

Suffer, suffer, suffer, and once you’ve suffered enough you can get a free ride and dump on people who aren’t there yet. Sounds legit, just become the evil you despise.

1 Like

But if they did it in reverse, it would become “Wait, I spent all this time unlocking the research and I feel weaker than ever before?” (or equal strength at best). Alternatively, they could start easy and become “level 120 running through a level 60 zone” levels of easy. Both of those outcomes are problematic as well.

It becomes trivial to farm full clear visions by the time you need it for “hard” pages (Rank 12 cape, trying to get to 13) and by 15, you’ll be easily doing 2-3 masks. I don’t think there’s ever a point where it’s too difficult to accomplish the most efficient outcome for your current cape rank - i.e. you can clear 4 bosses, but maybe not Alleria/Thrall - when you need the 8 “easy” pages.

I have heard some pessimistic outlooks before, but this one is next level!
I can promise you that is not the intended design of the content.

They aren’t great because of how similar every run is to the last, but its still just wow.
If you hate them that much, I worry about how you feel about other challenging content.

Maybe you’d be surprised how easy they get once you make some progress.

Cape catch up? Doesn’t most of the important stuff cap at level 15? How much to you really need to run a dungeon or raid?

The very first vision you do doesn’t have access to the orbs which means you can really only do the Thrall or Alleria. After the first run you get your research tree and can purchase the orb trait which will help you push other areas, but you it isn’t until elite extermination talent that you can really push into it.

If you tried to run around and do anything outside of them without the Orbs you probably had a very bad time. At a 455 ilevel you shouldn’t struggle with the place at all from a damage taken perspective, you just don’t have the cloak rank/talent tree to stay a long time in the place.

As I pointed out there is waaaaayyyyyy more to do than 60 minutes. That’s 60 minutes of boring chores before you get into the actual meat and potatoes.

Again why are we putting boring barriers in for people before they can enjoy the actual game. Unless you have no life that is.

Woa… Another no lifer defending insanely long grinds because it gives them a power advantage. I have significantly higher PvP rating achieves than you man… And you’re playing a rogue with insane pve gear?

Whatever man. We get it, you like chores. Most of us don’t and that’s why every expansion has less subs. Keep pretending the only way to play the game is like you :roll_eyes:

If all you want is the cloak upgrade you should probably be able to get that done in an hour a week from doing two invasions and the vision, just don’t do any masks and the visions is a cakewalk.

Black empire assault takes about 15 minutes.

5 mask visions takes about 30 min.

So with some travel time about 1 hour a week of “work” for some world content and solo based power progression.

Faster than most people could cap valor probably back in the day.

/sigh dude. That’s 60 minutes of chores (at bare minimum). I literally talked about m+, islands, raiding, PvP. That’s 60 minutes before the list of actual content. If you’re doing it all it’s gonna take you an insane amount of time.

No there isn’t. It took me about 15 minutes to do the Nzoth invasion yesterday and less than 20 minutes to do the 5 mask full clear looting every chest and item along the way.

If all you are worried about is the cloak upgrade it would take very very little time given how many hours there are in a week.

The fact that you are trying to elongate this proves my previous point.
You don’t enjoy the progression systems in the game and are trying to blame Blizzard for that.

I understand the reaction. People lash out when they feel like they are frustrated beyond their control.
But I am here to remind you this IS within your control. We can exchange posts on this for the rest of the day, but my outlook will always be the same.

If you want something, go get it.
If you can’t, because IRL comes first, then that’s just life. Don’t act like that’s Blizzards problem.

We aren’t. We are putting in more content to help the player increase in power over a long period of time.
If you find it boring, that’s unfortunate.
Clearly you don’t find it boring enough to just not do it, because you are complaining about not being able to keep up.

Either way, I will also remind you you do not need to have a max corruption resistance cloak to enjoy the game.
None of my alts have it, and I play them and enjoy them just fine.

Get to work if you want the rewards.
If not, take a break and clear your head.
I know we are at odds right now, but I promise you, it helps.

No there isn’t. The major assault takes 15m and rewards a key. That key gets a vision which takes probably 15-20m. Grats, weekly cloak done.

For the third time. I agreed assaults+visions only take an hour. The way more part is the hundred other things you have to do to power your character. /Sigh if you’re doing everything every week you’re going to spend a hell of a lot of time. If you’re an alt or a new player you will literally never catch up. Ever.

You 100% are. Again subs are down all the time. Do you honestly think bfa was doing well pre covid?

It’s both boring and hard to keep up. I can’t even keep a single alt anywhere near max. It’s boring and long.

Now imagine a new player? Literally an impossible grind. You’re murdering the game with this dumb design.

I don’t view the HV as a chore, but that’s just me. Regardless that’s a weekly occurring chore which I think is a totally reasonable time investment. It’d be ridiculous if it was a daily requirement.

I didn’t know people bothered with islands anymore unless they just wanted cosmetics. PvP is not really for gear rewards unless you’re into PvP, which I keep hearing is just hot garbage anyways. I’d put M+ in the not optional category for a dedicated player wanting to gear up as well as raiding (obviously).

I took my hunter from an abandoned 120 state and brought him up to 446 ilevel in the matter of about ~3 weeks. I really only bother doing emissaries, a little LFR, and assaults/visions. Some of that time was dinking around getting the Legion Mount/Class Hall Transmog in fact.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/zuljin/keishida

So by your logic, anything you do in this game to reach some kind of end goal/reward is ultimately a chore. Leveling, item progression, dailies, pvp ratings, raid progression, transmog collecting. All the activities (content) that wow has to offer to keep you playing is a chore. maybe it is time to uninstall because you are missing the point of an MMO, and it would be healthy for you to pick up something more on the go, like solitaire. Truthfully, most games out there these days have some kind of progression system designed for you to keep playing to earn something, which you obviously deem a chore and have no time for. No one cares if you have less time to play, that is totally ok. the issue you have is you expect to be rewarded for not playing the game because you think it is not fun.

1 Like

This is getting out of control now.
Listen, I don’t make this game.
I wish I did, but I don’t.

All I am doing is telling you to stop complaining about 30 minutes of weekly content and to go work for your rewards instead of asking them to be handed to you.

Not sure how this keeps elevating past that every reply but I’ve lost interest.

In the future, try your best to think about what the game wants, not what you want as an individual.

You’ll have a healthier understanding of what is and isn’t tolerable to both.
This is just not an issue.
The only reason it is, is because people are bitter they missed out.

Use that bitterness as motivation to improve instead of an excuse to demand nerfs.

If you miss a week regularly, you’re already not relevant enough that missing content really matters. Your ilvl is limited at around 480ish, easily achievable. AotC and CE are available for the full patch cycle. All 15s in time is available for the entire patch cycle. The only thing that’s actually gated is cloak prog. That only takes 1hr/week at your pace. You do not HAVE to do m+ or raid or pvp weekly to stay caught up. You should already be past the point of upgrades for all 3.

Rank 2 cloak and clear 2 bonus objectives at item level 430? That would be pretty rough.

You don’t even get the “quest” to do a bonus objective until rank 5 I believe. The quest for 2 bonus objectives(if the player chose too) is 6 or 7.

Once the cloak is 10-11 you’ll have quite a bit of the tree unlocked and you’ll be able to do a full clear(no masks, tho i am sure there are specs that have no issues to do masks earlier) with pretty much any class/spec.