Can't transfer realm AND account

I purchased a 3-pack of character transfers to finally rescue my last few characters from Oceania. I transferred one character from Frostmourne (OC) to Sargeras (US) on the same account, but trying to transfer either of the other two characters from Frostmourne to Sargeras and to a different account doesn’t work. There’s no error message, it just sits there for ~10 seconds after going through the process then refreshes the character list with no changes/no “transfer in progress” cog. I have a ticket in about this but it doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere.

Thanks for the report, and for attempting some of the suggestions from the Game Master team. We don’t currently have any open issues about this but the WOW team is keeping an eye on the new token system. Will let them know about this experience.

2 Likes

I am actually having the same issue, when I go to try and move my character it says the server I am trying to go to has the maximum amount of characters I can put on that realm and I am currently at 5. I am not maxed out either with 50 characters, I have about 20 on the account that I am trying to transfer too.

Do you have the max of 50 characters on the account you’re trying to transfer FROM? Was talking to a friend last night and they said they had transfers fail because of that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We have seen that, which is an older funky rare condition.

Sometimes going through and deleting older low level characters you’re not using anymore (like level 1s on random realms you were checking out) can help if the “Too many characters” error is what you’re seeing.

2 Likes

There is also a known issue where transfer to a RP realm isn’t working at th moment. I was told a devs are working on it

1 Like

I just bought the 3-pack of character transfers too and same issue!! I can’t move my characters :frowning:

I just deleted a few low level characters and I still get the same issue. Thanks for throwing it out there though!

A blue post in another thread gave me something to try - apparently characters can’t have heirlooms (???) or caged battle pets. Deleting heirlooms let one character transfer to second account, the other one had some caged battle pets in the bank and shifting those around let her be transferred also.

Having the game TELL me that was the problem would have helped a lot, just sitting there for 10s and doing nothing isn’t particularly helpful!

That is supposed to be how it works. With the new Transfer Token system the errors are supposed to be more detailed then they were before. That is one of the UI elements that is being looked into.

2 Likes

I just logged in and tried to transfer this mage to a RP realm. No go.

“There is a problem with your purchase.”

I still have hope and will keep an eye on it.

BTW the name on my thumbnail is not correct. It is sure slow to get anything updated on accounts.

It’s still listed in the pinned “known issues” thread.

3 Likes