Can't start BFA "Re-rebuilding the A.F.M.O.D." Quest

1/22/2022 still broke
Wish I had found this first FML I’ve been grinding on this convoluted quest chain for weeks due to limited time cause I just wanted zandalari trolls

Ugh knew I should have stayed away wtf

1 Like

Dracthyr Not Offered Quest - Re-building the AMFOD is actually a customer support topic under in game/quest issues. They are aware of the issue. There is no work around

ID: 321803
Updated 2 weeks ago
Devs working on issue.

Sounds like some checkbox agreed to script push that ant working cause the race/type is too new and wasn’t tested far enough.

I’m not spending three weeks or more getting a character from under lvl 20 up to lvl 60

1 Like

Evoker, “Rebuilding the AFMOD” quest still broken, 1/24/23, with update 10.0.5

3 Likes

God, I wish I had found this damn thread days ago. I’ve been busting my butt to get this done to unlock Zandalari as it’s one of the last 2 I need. And to see it’s been screwed for so long without a fix? Now THAT’S disappointing!

C’mon Blizz… fix this… I’ve spent too much time and money on this game to get screwed like this. =/

5 Likes

Another day, another bug report submitted and another bump until Blizzard fixes this.

3 Likes

My brother tried to share the quest with me tonight and it stated “couldn’t be shared because you are the wrong class”

I’m starting to doubt this was a bug.

1 Like

I was having the same issue, but I think I was able to just bypass the quest? Talked to Princess Talanji and asked her to charge the A.F.M.O.D.

It seemed to work and I was able to continue the questline.

Hi, I am so excited that you just posted a way that may work. Can u provide with more detail about the Princess and her precise location? Thanks in advance.

Adding a post to this thread to hopefully get some traction going on a resolution. Spent all weekend grinding BfA with my wife since we’re both lapsed players. She’s done the entire quest chain on her Evoker now we’re at this block. It’s really lame being so close to finishing and running into this.

Barring a miraculous fix with today’s extended maintenance, does anyone know if “Zandalar Forever!” is at least account wide? We could then grind the war campaign on another character that won’t have this issue.

EDIT: Quest still unavailable, chain still broken. Evokers unable to continue. Unfortunately the achievements are not account wide so we’d have to do the entire thing again. Going to cross fingers for a fix soon instead.

1 Like

Hello, sure thing. For me she was standing right next to the little Goblin that hands out the quest. Look around the exclamation point on the wowhead page for the quest!
(https://www.wowhead.com/quest=54212/re-rebuilding-the-a-f-m-o-d#map)

Didn’t work as she showed me nothing extra.

And another day and another bug report.

2 Likes

Me as well, another month

Yeah. I was doing this quest just because I wanted to finish the questline on my Dracthyr only to find I hit a brick wall because I’m an evoker. I’ve noticed a LOT of things are locked out on my evoker. I can’t buy from the Scarlet Quartermaster at the Darkmoon Faire (even with the tabard equiped), I can’t resurrect Leeroy Jenkins in UBRS. There was quite a few instances where being an evoker causes basic features not to work.

1 Like

Here we are almost three months later now and I still have to spam bug reports and bump this post up as it is still not resolved.

2 Likes

Just got to this point in the expansion and having exact same issue with Evoker. Tried closing the client completely. It would take Blizzard no time to reproduce the issue, so there is really no excuse that’s still not fixed.

1 Like

It would be nice if we could get an eta or any kind of communication besides that one page. 3 months seems absurd for this to last.

3 Likes

Anyone know if you can just ask a GM to add the quest to your questlog?

1 Like

They told me no almost 4 months ago and that there would be a fix soon… again, 4 months ago.

1 Like

Exact same issue. I submitted a ticket and they replied with the following:

I just got the chance to read over the case about some concerns with a quest called “Re-building the A.F.M.O.D.” that you’re trying to pick up, but isn’t being offered by your Dracthyr. As mentioned in your follow ups, you are correct that this is a known issue the developers are aware of, and that we Game Masters do not have an immediate resolution we can offer, which includes manually providing the character this quest.

The main concern is the fact that quest chains are sometimes intended to be provided and active after certain events have occurred in-game from completing previous quests. It’s not as simple as just providing a character with the quest, as there’s no guarantee the underlying issues causing the quest to be unavailable in the first place won’t also prevent the quest from being completed, or potentially even breaking the character’s ability to progress further.

We understand that this a lot of time to wait, and that you’d rather have some sort of way to get this completed right now. If there was an option available right now that gave us the ability to help resolve this more quickly, I can promise you that we Game Masters would’ve jumped on the opportunity to offer this and start helping out those who have contacted us so they can finally wrap up this quest chain.

Hopefully with enough reports and a bit more time, we can see the World of Warcraft games team ensure this is fixed for good.

Thanks for your understanding, and let us know if there’s anything else we can look into.

3 Likes

Another day, another ticket, and another display of Blizzard incompetence.