Can't get Legion M+ key

So I forgot I had a quest to complete a Legion timewalking until I logged on this morning to check my vault. Turned in the quest and now I don’t have the option to get a M+ keystone for legion timewalking. Is this a bug, a bad game design, my own fault, or what?

id wager bug so id report it as bug solution i dont have one sorry.

Just do someone else.

You get a key at end of the dungeon

I wanted to bump this with the GM response that didn’t make much sense.

Singing from the deep of the ocean a portal opens presenting Suluskasur holding his head in his left hand

Greetings Noobacleese,

(☛゚ヮ゚)☛

Thank you very much for contacting us. I’m Game Master Suluskasur and I’ll be the one checking your ticket today.

We apologize for the waiting time and for the automatic answer. We utilize this to assist us when we have a large number of responses as things are getting quite busy as of lately.

I see you are having issues getting a Mythic Keystone.

Not to worry, I’m here to clarify it for you.

After carefully analysing your account and the situation you brought to our attention I found out some interesting information.

During my investigation spy soundtrack in the background I could see in your logs that you have received a Mythic Keystone at 21:42 on the 14th of December.

Just to clarify it a little bit, you may only have one keystone at a time. If you can’t find your keystone, check your bags and bank using the search function.

It’s weird you haven’t noticed that the items were looted, I strongly believe that this might be a display issue caused by addons or filters installed on your account.

We deeply recommend you to remove these filters since they are not supported by Blizzard Entertainment and can change the way that the game should work, disrupting the game and your experience with us.

You can follow the instructions in the article below that will help you to fix this issue:

I really hope I was able to clarify this situation for you.

It has been my pleasure to check into this for you today.

Once again, thank you very much for reaching out to us. Feel free to contact us if you need any further information, we are always here for you.

I hope you’re doing well and keeping safe during these hard times, take care!

Sincerely,
Game Master Suluskasur melting turning into water going back to the sea

I would really appreciate some clarification. I’ll cross post this in the bug report.

It reads like you did receive a key, but you’re not seeing it for whatever the reason. It could be just a corrupt UI (which you honestly may be surprised for how often something so simple is the case).

Definitely give it a shot, following the steps explicitly as outlined in the guide. Please let us know if it shows up in your bags.

I will also note, it’s a different icon than what the normal keystones are. Just to give you an idea of what you’re looking for:

Try searching for a Timesworn Key in your bags.

Also editing to say you can have both a SL Mythic keystone and the Timesworn at the same time.

2 Likes

It appears the Game Master maybe be confusing the Mythic Keystone with a Timeworn Keystone. They were referencing the Mythic Keystone sitting in a Lightless Silk Pouch.

For the Timeworn Keystone, you should be able to speak with Ta’hsup by the Great Vault in Oribos to pick one up.

4 Likes

He does not offer me anything but to downgrade my Shadowlands Keystone.

I don’t run any addons that interfere with UI’s in that way. I don’t have the keystone anywhere. My bag space available is equal to the number of items I can pick up.

A outdated addon can still affect the UI you would be surprised how many issues baggon has caused with a item not showing which is why we recomend a full UI reset.

2 Likes

It’s no skin off your back to try the reset. It’s quick, easy, and completely reversible. It’s often the first troubleshooting step in anything WoW-related.

It’s like how if your car engine wouldn’t start, the mechanic would probably test your battery first, because that’s a likely culprit and an easy fix. The mechanic wouldn’t go straight to the ignition assembly / starter and change those before even looking at the battery.

The mechanic would do this even if you just bought a brand-new battery the day before. They’d do it if you claimed to have just tested the battery yesterday and it was fine. They’d start at square one because that’s the proper thing to do.

There are things universally common to all troubleshooting - be that car engines or computer games - and starting at square one is one of them.

Square one here is a UI reset. I recommend that you spend two or three minutes and try it. If it has no effect, nothing lost, nothing gained. If it does, though, you will have just solved your problem on your own, and in less time than you could have grabbed a sammich and a soda.

Good luck.

1 Like

Ok can we stop with the reset talk?. I run details, z-perl, and dbm. I turned them all off earlier. I don’t run bag addons, I don’t run ui changing addons that shift everything around other than z-perl, I run extremely addon light and always have. The keystone was never added to my bags when I opened the great vault and there is no option to talk to the guy to obtain one as I explained earlier. A warrior guildmate of mine who our only in common addon is dbm also has the same problem after turning the quest in after the reset. I can almost guarantee it’s a bug with that.

That is very likely, Noobacleese, but resetting your UI is a normal troubleshooting step when checking for potential bugs. Turning off your addons doesn’t necessarily remove them as a factor since there are other elements that remain, even when the addon itself is not active.

If those steps don’t help then I could highly recommend reporting the issue as a bug either through the in-game support menu or the Bug Report forum so our QA team can take a look.

7 Likes

I did do both of those. I did reset as well. This reminds me of second m+ week in BFA where if you were logged in at server reset, opened your chest, and then logged out, you could no longer get a keystone.

I had the same issue this week. Last week’s quest hadn’t been finished (and did not automatically get removed from quest log, presumably since event was still active) but the legion keystone was removed from my bag. It’s a bug, but easy fix is to just abandon quest and reaccept it to get new keystone.

2 Likes

Correct. It is a bug with the quest. If you complete the quest from the previous week you cannot get a key during that week. If you abandon and pick back up the quest, you can.