Can't Add Companion to Your Account

A quick search of the forums shows that people have been complaining about this for over a week. Not only does it affect multiple aspects of the game, as Sannik explained, but it ALSO affects EU servers (there are threads about it over there).

There is no UI or addon element that’s going to cause these kinds of problems. Full stop. And it’s no coincidence that the majority of people complaining about this issue almost all recently performed some kind of major character service like a server transfer.

It doesn’t require first-tier troubleshooting, and these autoreplies aren’t even troubleshooting anyhow since the situation is very obviously not related at all.

Some GMs are helping, and others are pretending it doesn’t even exist or handing out pointless auto-replies. Every time someone like you shows up and tries to defend these policies and responses, you just make it all worse.

2 Likes

Yep. I have had this happen 3 times. I’ve had customer service send 2 PET PORTALS. It will not stick. I am not doing that achievement again and I am certainly NOT spending 1,000 coins again. Time to sit back and keep our pets in our bags and not waste time doing pet battles. (Especially when the wait time for a ticket response is over 4 days.)

2 Likes

The GMs are responding to keywords for first tickets that is part of the treoge. The queue is huge right now and these issues are usually either a UI issue or an issue with not understanding how something works. So the first contact for these issues is a generic ticket to weed those out.

As stated the ticket clearly says if that isn’t the case, you should reply to the ticket where a GM will actually investigate the issue and see if they can help. The reply tickets are placed in a follow up queue and do not have as long a wait time.

I will continue to post correct information as I have been doing in this forum since BC was released. You not liking the answer doesn’t make the answer wrong nor give you the right to say my post doesn’t help. Again what I have posted is correct and the same information Blues have given here already.

There are also some things that GMs can not assist with. Most bugs fall into that category unless the Devs give them instructions and tools to assist. A GM can make things worse sometimes if they try to help with bugs. This is a known issue and QA and the Devs are working on it. Nothing else can be done by posting here.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I feel your pain. I’ve been going back and forth with them over this. Even talking to GM’s, who gave me a script for Interdimensional Pet Portal quest completion:

/script print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(54264)) \

They insist I didn’t do the quest, because they can’t find it. They also reset all my initial pet battle questlines. Very frustrating.

I have finally posted a link to several Forum discussions on this subject. Hopefully, this gets their attention?

1 Like

Hello friendos,

Sorry to hijack this with my own question but is using a paid character transfer still causing these things to happen? I was going to pick one up to move an alt I play to my main realm with the sale still going on but I’m a little apprehensive that it’ll bork my account.

Thanks folks :slight_smile:

No, character services should no longer be causing this to happen.

Edit: Update provided below:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cant-add-companion-to-your-account/690096/25

3 Likes

Appreciate the response,

I noticed my response linked in a bug report thread:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pet-battlecollection-broken/681040/116

So I wanted to provide some additional clarification/updates -

When pre-patch launched, we saw some issues with the account services that grant account wide things. These things included (but not limited to):

• The additional backpack slots for having the authenticator and phone notifications enabled
  • Account wide mounts / pets

It was initially suspected that this played a role in the Battle Pet Cap being lowered after a character service.

The bug on this has remained “Open”, so I need to make an update to my previous statement. It may still be possible for this to occur. But, if you are affected it is something the Game Master team can assist with.

https://battle.net/support/article/000275655

I’ve seen, mixed in with the pet collection conversation, folks talking about other account wide elements - like toys, or account wide quests like the intro to pet battles. Those are separates issue but they have been reported for investigation.

1 Like

Just so you know my problem in the EU was fixed by a GM as well, he saw I had the achi for 1.500 cap, saw I had around 1.900 pets, so he sent me both that and the 2k item.

2 Likes

Separate issues?

All account-wide flags got reset for most people who have used the character transfer function since pre-patch launched.

One issue: Flags are reset. One solution: Put them back to what they were before the pre-patch. Solves the issue for 90% of the people who have ran into it. Super quick fix your DBA should be able to take care of in less than a untinterrupted business day once he has the last backup before pre-patch. Past that, you need to do some intense investigative work that will be quite time consuming to put back the flags that were obtained after pre-patch and reset due to this issue.

I do understand that it’s probably all hands on deck to get Shadowlands to launch and I do understand that the issue probably won’t be resolved until after Shadowlands is ready. If that is the case, I highly recommend disabling the character transfer function until this issue is resolved or you’re just creating more work later on (unless you have a working changelog in the database or in a log file somewhere that can identify the exact date these flags were flipped).

3 Likes

This is not true! It is not a separate issue.
You took my money, knowing it was messed up!! It is still messing things up. I have lost so much after completing a character transfer yesterday, 31 of October, oceanic realm.

I completed a character transfer yesterday, and today noticed–

I cant add pets to my journal (over 1200)
My completed Mechagon Minis collection has vanished.
My Uuna wont hug me anymore and is afraid of the dark again.
I had completed all pet dungeons and obtained all rewards including title Minion of Mayhem, which is now gone and Manaproof considers I haven’t done a single dungeon

I have no idea what else is messed up. I cant just redo this stuff to fix it. It goes way deeper than that.
That you kept taking money and offering the service after you knew it was still happening is shameful.

Fix what you broke please.

2 Likes

Character services is most certainly causing this to happen. I didn’t have the problem yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon I completed a char transfer. After that, every char on my accounts has this issue.

1 Like

You need to file a bug report. QA doesn’t take bug reports from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

1 Like

I have filed a bug report. I have received a reply in game from GM/CS suggesting I go to wowhead for assistance, and my issue marked as resolved. I have also seen that they are aware the issue is occurring, and that char transfers are still open. So, regardless of who does what there, they are happy to take peoples money and leave them with this error.
No-one has actually had this issue resolved to the point where their game is the same as it was before. Handing out tokens so that people can redo everything they had already completed isn’t addressing the root cause of the problem.

1 Like

It is not a common occurrence or there would be a lot more posts on it.

It isn’t supposed to address the root cause of the problem. That is the current work-around while they track down the cause. GMs don’t fix bugs. GMs are who you get when you file a ticket. The only actions they can do is what QA and the Devs permit them to do.

It is possible the issue has multiple causes. That could slow down resolution for all the players who are having the issue.

Like some problems that happened when realms were connected, the issues may require a Dev to manually fix every character/account the issue is happening on. That too would take time.

3 Likes

Is it safe to do more character transfers while the game services sale is still active?

I don’t see why not. Bugs don’t affect every character using character services. If it did, Blizzard would disable the option until it could be resolved.

1 Like

Depends what you have to lose I guess. Mine isn’t fixed after multiple tickets and GM interactions. Developers are working on a fix, but it hasn’t rolled out yet.

“This issue with pet battle quests resetting after a transfer is something that we are already aware of and working on a fix for. You should see one soon in a future patch or even just live in game. We have some issues fix themselves be accepting and completing that introductory quest again. In the meantime though we are looking into this issue for a fix.”

I specifically asked for a Pocket Portal token and on my third interaction was given one so that I could add pets to my journal again. I still have these problems:-My Uuna was reset. My pet battling was reset to never having battled. My pet dungeon progress was reset and all teleports from Manaproof gone. My title Minion of Mayhem title is gone. My completed Mechagon Minis collection is gone. Im not sure what else has been affected.

Other people have reported their progress with the horde pet Kua’fon, that you care for reset or altered. Another thing seems to be the four Falcosaur pet/mount quests resetting progress.

It’s almost amusing that the Blizzard defenders post that Blizzard would disable the option if they knew it was affecting people, or that its such a small group as to be negligible. They did know, almost 2 weeks ago now, and they didn’t stop the transfers, or even warn people that there may be a problem outside of the normal transfer issues. The link to that post now returns a error, post not found. Simple as that.

Goodluck with your transfer. It’s a roll of the dice.

1 Like

Same, all of the above here… if I’d known this was going on I’d never have done the transfer, thanks a lot, Blizzard :frowning:

5 Likes

Awesome, it has been fixed for me.
Mechagon mini toy back to normal, falcosaur pets no longer offering completed quests, pet dungeon quests, title and teleporter as it was. And Uuna now recognizes me again.

Thank you!