Cannot Use Group Finder

I cannot enter custom text when creating a group, it says I dont have an authenticator attached, but I do. I have the mobile app and notifications enabled. When I try to access my account details via the website, I get “Error 500”.

Do u have the SMS active as well i think u need that as well.

I havent changed anything since I installed it, notifications, sms all that should be enabled by default. But I cant even look to see if they still ahve the correct number on my account because I cant get to my account details due to the 500 Internal Server error on the site.

Zajier, your account does appear to have both phone notifications and an authenticator attached, but it can take a bit of time - 30 minutes to an hour - for the game to recognize both and allow you to create your own custom groups in the group finder. We always recommend giving it a bit of time whenever you add/change a security feature, and make sure that you log in and out of the game afterwards as well.

As for the error you’re getting on the website - we usually find that to primarily be a browser issue. I’d suggest checking this support article for some steps to help resolve the error.

3 Likes

You are not the only one having that issue today. Another user did too. They resolved it by removing the Auth and SMS then re-adding it. They also had a lot of issues with the error 500 on the website so it took a long time.

To which I will add my other reply to it

Glad that one works! It is the most common solution for issues where the game does not pick up account settings. Same goes for payment issues. Removing a payment method and re-adding it often resolves shop issues.

Oh, and another to try for account flagging issues. Change the password. That can force the account to update all the flagging on it. Often resolves issues where the launcher does not see a license on the account.

4 Likes

After using a Faction change that cost $30 about a month or so ago on my accidentally made Alliance Evoker, the Group Finder (I) and the Adventure Guide (SHIFT + J) will not light up or work in any fashion and both say in red text:

This feature is not yet available.

Oh, that’s not quite true, actually, I see now that the Group Finder icon says when I mouse over it:

This feature is not available yet.

However, the Adventure Guide icon when I mouse over it says:

This feature is not yet available.

I have tried everything I can think of to get this corrected, and am left wondering if I should just give up and delete my evoker and remake her.

She cost me a $30 Faction change so I really would rather not delete her.

Have you tried a full ui reset to rule out a corrupted ui.

1 Like