Cannot restore character on locked realm

As title says, I cannot restore my character on skyfury, I deleted him orginally when wrath launched and we all got on the boat, everyone dc’d and couldn’t connect “A character with name doesn’t exist” so I decide I would quickly delete and undelete said character, since the un delete option is quick and easy, but then I go to try and undelete my character and it won’t let me, is this a bug?

No, it is working as intended. Only when the realms are unlocked and/or character creation is allowed will you be able to restore them.

1 Like

That’s insane, ive had that character on that realm since it was created, max lvl enough gold for epic flying and im not able to play it because I tried to delete and restore to fix an issue. that cannot be legit…

1 Like

It’s a post from an SFA. It’s about as legit as legit can be here on the forum. I’m sorry it’s not a help to you now, but no one but you deleted the character. Eventually the realm will unlock and you can do as you would like, but there is no fix or override. The realms were locked by the Devs, even a GM cannot override that.

1 Like

“No one but me deleted that character” yeah that makes sense, no one intentionally deleteds their main expecting to never be able restore it, you act as if it’s my fault the restore system doesn’t work, there was no warning or anything about not being able to restore character on locked realms, nor has this ever been an issue.

1 Like

No, generally speaking it usually isn’t. This is a rather unique set of circumstances since we haven’t really had Fresh Start realms before nor have we had a new realm with the associated new realm restrictions in a long while.

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused you, Dirtysock. The situation is that we our support staff cannot generally circumvent those restrictions, sorry.

5 Likes

It’s not placing blame so much as point out a fact. It wasn’t meant to be malicious. I am truly sorry for the spot you and others like you are in, but this is how the Devs have decided for this to play out. Hopefully realms will unlock soon for you.

1 Like

Am I just screwed then? I gotta wait an unestimated amount of time before being able to play the character I prepared for weeks for launch. This 100% feels like im being left out to dry. This doesn’t feel right at all… I can’t even transfer the character or else I would, I just want to play.

It is possible that the restrictions may lift, but I’m afraid I don’t have any kind of ETA for that. Given the situation, you might submit a ticket. It would be a rare exception, but I wouldn’t want to rule it out entirely.

3 Likes

Day 3 since I submitted a ticket, I guess i’ll just cross my fingers and hope launch doesn’t get ruined for me, thank you for the reply’s I understand its out of your control…I think i’ve refreshed the ticket page like 50 times each day praying I get to play haha

3 Likes