Cannot gain Artifact Power - Underlight Angler

I mean having to equip your legion artifact I wouldn’t really call a fix, but thanks.

What would you call the ability to gain underlight angler traits and ap by just taking sub 2 minutes to grab your old legion artifact then?

Interestingly, the Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat does work, you just have to open the Fishing Journal and manually apply the lure to the angler in the tool slot. This does NOT work for Nat’s hat.

I’m going to start the grind to get this on my new main as I have it on an old character I no longer play. For everyone here getting it on an alt now, do I have to complete the Bigger Fish to Fry achievement as well on my new character even though I have it already from a different character?

Just want to add that in addition to the Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat working as mentioned above, I was able to add Nightcrawlers bait in the same manner.

Yeah ATM it seems that Nats hat and Worm supreme are the ones not working. That And Envokers still can not spend AP on the Underlight Angler.

Want to add some more. I just did some fishing in Highmountain, keeping in mind I had and upgraded the rod before the pre-patch.

Once I cast the first time and got the buff “Fishing for Attention”, every one of the traits worked as expected: Surface Tension, Underlight Blessing, and Undercurrent all worked fine. Threw back fish and got AP. The only thing I didn’t confirm was fishing up an entire school at once, but that might have been bad luck.

Hearthed back to Dal with the buff still active and I could interact with the pearl without having my class weapon in my inventory.

If I understand it correctly this only affects evokers. I tried a few things like this and no go. My priest on the other hand had no problem unlocking the Underlight after the maintenance.

My underlight cant even be unequipped. And no, i cant access it outside the journal.

sadly yes, for the pearl to drop you need to do bigger fish to fry on each character you want the fishing pole on

that won’t work for me

Has there been any updates on this just got mine and running into this on my evoker spent alot of time to find out its just broken :frowning:

I mean you can still farm the AP and apply it to the fishing poll, just cant spend it and gotta hope it gets fixed in teh future.

So someone on reddit found a way to fix it for evoker as seen on the post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/z528py/dracthyr_and_underlight_angler_uprade/

1. Go to the pearl in dalaran and open the blank tree

2. Paste “/run for i,powerid in pairs(C_ArtifactUI.GetPowers()) do C_ArtifactUI.AddPower(powerid) end” minus the " into chat and press enter.

3. Buy the traits you want.

8 Likes

Was coming back to this thread to link to the reddit post. This works for sure, just maxed my Angler out!

I was so excited to try this workaround and … somehow, of course, it doesn’t work at all for me. I have plenty of AP fish used, yes I know to open it at the pearl, and … beans. Even with addons entirely disabled and removed. My disappointment is on par with Warlords of Draenor.

A easier way is with the Pearl UI open throw a fish that gives AP into the fountain then paste /run C_ArtifactUI.AddPower(1021) into chat

2 Likes

And remember for anyone who actually gets it working, your fastest AP grind is gonna be Ancient Vrykul Rings and oodelfjiskenpools.

I just bought sleeping murlocs off AH they give about 10-14 AP fish when you lay them down, no fishing actually required.

Also possible but they’re running 10k each on my server and like heck I’m paying that. /cheap.