Cannot gain Artifact Power - Underlight Angler

I am unable to gain Artifact Power on Underlight Angler. The reason is because I cannot equip the fishing pole to my weapon slot.

I’m trying to use Ghostly Queenfish to gain 50 artifact power. I get an error message saying ‘You must be wielding the Underlight Angler’

15 Likes

Tried /equipslot 16 Underlight Angler and get ‘That item does not go in that slot’

2 Likes

I second this. You can not do anything that requires the pole to be equipped.

• Use the Underlight Pearl
  • Toss fish back to gain AP
  • Newly acquired Underlight Anglers can not even be activated

Please fix or let tools be considered “equipped”

9 Likes

Just went through all the work of getting this on my new main for Dragonflight after doing it in the past and find out I can’t gain artifact power. Very disappointing. I hope that they fix this.

4 Likes

Same problem

2 Likes

Heppening to me as well, just spent a few hours unlocking this and now I can’t upgrade it due to it not being registered as equipped when it’s in the tool slot.

3 Likes

Surely blocking the ability to add AP and interact with the pearl is just an oversight. Come on Blizz, fix this.

3 Likes

literally just did this on my evoker so i can have it for tuskar dailies in Dflight need this fixed quick so i can grind it out before launch im not gonna go do old content when leveling and gearing

2 Likes

Can’t use lures on fishing poles anymore either.

Not sure how that happens. But here we are.

Go into your fishing journal and equip it in there. Worked for me.

You’ll also wanna press the fish button even if you’re not near water to force equip the pole when its in the slot.

Equipping it in your fishing journal slot still gives you the passive benefits of the Underweight Angler - so far I’ve seen that Surface Tension and Underlight Blessing still work.

Only if you leveled it prior to this past Tuesday. You can no longer add AP or access the pearl.

Please fix this before launch so we can level our fishing poles. :frowning:

I don’t know if I can face the Tuskarr without a proper Underlight Angler.

2 Likes

I just put my fully leveled underlight angler in the profession slot and going under water did not activate underlight blessing (turning me into a fish).

This is very frustrating. I just got the Underlight Angler a day or two ago. I went to equip it today and it just disappeared from my bags. I checked the fishing journal and found it in there. Ok that seems fine… I guess. But it is no longer an item I can equip. It is now a tool. Even in my bags. Also, because I just got it, I have no AP for it. So all of the cool buffs and extras that came with it are completely locked away for me. I cannot interact with the pearl in Dalaran because it has to be “equipped”. Well, there is no way to “equip” this tool anymore. So it is now broken.

1 Like

You also had to have just done a fishing cast. Otherwise, you are still equipping your normal weapon(s) and don’t have the UA effect.

It looks like all they’ve done is lock fishing poles into an invisible bag slot and restrict equipping it to a hidden scripted event that only triggers as you hit the “cast” button, and unequips immediately if you make a normal attack. Which breaks so many things.

I suppose they thought it would be an improvement.

2 Likes

Same situation here. Just got the Underlight to use during dragonflight, cant add AP or access the pearl since there is no way to equip it. Please fix Blizzard

At least it seems that Blizzard has acknowledged this bug as per the known issues in regards to the latest patches, no workaround for it yet sadly though.

1 Like

FIX NOW, OR WE RIOT!

I’ve got the pitch forks! Someone bring the torches. They may take the legs from my mechanical brothers and sisters-- BUT THEY SHALL NOT TAKE MY FISHINGPOLE WITHOUT A FIGHT!

2 Likes

So, the Blizzard support page now informs that the issue with the fishing rod has been fixed, and indeed I can now toss AP rare fish back into the water, but I do not gain any AP, and I can’t use the pearl either.

I tried unequipping and equipping, casting a line first to get into fishing attire, but no dice, I don’t gain AP and I can’t access the pearl, anyone else had better luck with their Angler now working?

3 Likes