Cannot gain Artifact Power - Underlight Angler

Yeah, the Knowledge base post makes it sound like it would be fixed today after maintenance but it still does not work for Drakthyr.

+1
just logged in assuming it would work now. it does not.

still cant touch it

I am now able to gain Artifact Power, but the traits I’ve already earned do not appear to be working as expected specifically the trait which increases the duration of Legion lures and baits by 8% for every trait purchased. So, for example, bait which lasted 5 minutes now only lasts 2 minutes. I have only one point in one trait remaining, but still appears that I wouldn’t be able to spend the AP on that last trait as the Underlight Pearl still says that you must have an artifact equipped.

And Nat’s Drinking Hat still cannot not be used. :frowning:

Welp. Today is Tuesday. I just got the Pole today and I cannot access the Underlight Pearl to select abilities.

1 Like

lol now I need to go get an artifact weapon for my monk.

Thanks

FYI anyone looking for a workaround for non Evokers.

This works.

+1 here, evoker can’t use it at all, and obviously can’t obtain an artifact weapon to do the work around.

Yeah, this is a weird one. I just got the artifact fishing rod on my Evoker, and I pumped 2150 AP into it and it just doesn’t draw any of the tree/buttons in the Pearl UI (over at Marcia). I guess Evokers will need a second hotfix.

1 Like

2 Likes

Can confirm I’m seeing the same thing too as Evoker (got my Angler this morning after reset).
Shift-Right Clicking on the Angler displays the artifact window with the message “You have not yet discovered the true potential of this artifact.” None of the talent trees or nodes are appearing or selectable.
Trying to interact with the Underlight Pearl gives the error “You must have an artifact equipped” while the Angler is equipped in my profession item slot. Un-equpping the Angler pole results in the Underlight Pearl being no longer interactable at all.

On the bright side, I did manage to add 5 fish to my new Angler (giving me 250 AP currently). So I guess if adding AP was an issue before that’s now resolved. Now we just need to be able to spend it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, this one just keeps getting worse. Nat’s hat also does not work. you can not apply bait to your pole.

1 Like

shoved 3k artifact power into mine but as yall know no things yet to see n upgrade

1 Like

this is also what i see. i cant spend any of the AP i have gotten so far. Blizzard please fix

As with all the other new Underlight Angler owners, it now shows a blank artifact window with no upgrade nodes. In other words, the Artifact’s true potential has not yet been unlocked. I suspect it is missing some interaction since the workaround does not look at it being equipped in the weapon slot anymore.

1 Like

It’s already Thursday and the article hasn’t been updated yet, rather frustrating to not know whether they are working on fixing it for Dracthyrs or not.

So it appears that the issue has been fixed for all classes save Evoker, the reason being that there seems to be some sort of inter-dependency between having the Fishing Pole and an Artifact Weapon, considering fresh made characters who acquire the Underlight Angler, but not their Artifact Weapon have the same issue as Evokers, but soon as they get at least one Artifact Weapon the interface to level up the fishing pole normalizes.

Considering Evokers don’t have an Artifact Weapon it’s impossible for them to be able to use the same workaround as the other classes.

It’s likely that a fix for this just for one class will take time, so I would not expect to be able to use the Underlight Angler’s upgrades until after Dragonflight releases.

1 Like

just bought a wow token so i could speedline the process on my evoker… only to find out that evokers cant spent points on the artifact fishing pole… PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP BLIZZ-

Came here to report this. My hunter can’t add any Artifact Power or see the traits.

Scroll up there is a fix for non evokers that works posted in this thread only evokers are completely borked atm.