Cannot gain Artifact Power - Underlight Angler

They say it might not work until the weekly maintenanace. " we recommend waiting until maintenance has been completed for your region."

1 Like

Aye, they updated the post after I tested, thankfully I didn’t throw all the rares I caught, just gotta wait until tuesday to see if it’ll work then.

Yeah, I got lucky and saw this before I tossed any away. Now just to wait it out.

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing the fish Blizz, but we still can’t interact with the Pearl…

1 Like

So, the funny thing is, you CAN interact with the Pearl, BUT only with your actual artifact weapon, not the fishing rod, so instead of going to your Class Order Hall, you can use the pearl instead! …Which means that we still can’t upgrade our fishing rod, nor can we see if the AP was really applied to it.

That’s the way it worked back in Legion, too. You always upgraded your fishing pole in Dalaran, not your Class Hall.

I think you misunderstood what I said, what I meant is that you can actually interact with the Pearl now, but only if you have your Artifact Weapon equiped, but instead of upgrading your Fishing Pole, you’re upgrading your Artifact Weapon on the Pearl, for instance, I had my Titanstrike equiped for a test, and you could use the Pearl, but instead of seeing Underlight Angler, I saw my Titanstrike instead.

1 Like

Definitely still some issues. I can now gain AP on Underlight Angler however I cannot use the Artifact Power to gain traits on the Underlight Angler at the Underlight Pearl.

3 Likes

Same issue as other users unable to activate relic.

They did say that the fix might not completely take effect until after next week’s maintenance, so see if things are better after Tuesday.

I just tried Shift + right click on my angler in the fishing journal. I was able to see the interface for the artifact power abilities. Not sure if spending AP works at the pearl or not, though. Mine requires more AP to get one of three last available abilities. I will test and report back.

I had not looked at it until now. I had it totally maxed out and was sending bait to other toons to level and now it only shows 2/3 complete. Ask me again why I left for over a year.

“You must visit the Artifact Forge in your Class Hall to purchase traits.”

For those of you trying to spend your artifact power on your fresh Underlight Anglers, use the following steps.

1. Equip your legion weapon.
  2. Equip your Angler in your fishing slot.
  3. Right click the pearl to open the interface for your legion weapon.
  4. Open the fishing journal.
  5. Shift+Right Click your Angler
  6. You can now spend AP as you normally would be able to.
6 Likes

Sadly that won’t work for Evokers, but thank you for the workaround!

1 Like

NICE! That worked for me… LMFAO!!

Tried the pearl after the maintenance today but still wasn’t able to spend the ap anyone find a way that works for evokers?

1 Like

Yeah I just tried on my evoker, doesn’t work in any way. Can get it to work on my warrior using the above method. Seems like this “fix” didn’t really do anything… Was hoping to have the rod levelled before expansion release.

Same here, it seems to be broken for evokers still, still getting the “you have not yet discovered the true potential of this artifact.”

I was also hoping to have the rod leveled on my drakthyr before the expansion launched.