Canceled Sub to Protest Warlock Nonsense

Wow, sounds like that same ‘game mechanic vs lore’ argument could be applied to LFD Warlocks, DHs, or anything else.

Enaara: “GRRR I hate that LFD how dare they pact instead of just dying GRRR lemme kill 'em!”

The Alliance: “lolwhat you want to kill our best soldier? lolol they could call up 24 of their friends and prolly solo you, idiot glow-goat.”

Enaara: “I’ll get you next time, PLAYER CHARACTER!”

I am a HUUUUUUUUGE stickler for lore . . . and yet I am aware that it must evolve in order for the story to move forward, and without said evolution we are left with stagnation . . . willing to see what justification they give as to the reasoning for the new warlocks (thus far on the ptr things appear promising)

that said . . . good lord I DREAD the salt levels when paladin time comes . . . all the threads against void elf paladins alone are gonna crash the forums . . .

2 Likes

Google (Steam)
Secret to quitting WoW, is to find something else to do.
That, is a single player game distribution platform.

Lmao sounds like a doctor reassuring a patient about their stool sample.

More like the doctor reassuring a patient that their hair loss will take years to actually show itself.

They have an addon for this: GTFO.

To be fair I won’t miss you at all, but see you in a few weeks.

Hides in shadow form

Plus, there’s no reason said Mag’har Warlock couldn’t take measures to either protect themselves from exposure or to mitigate exposure. Maybe meditation or cleansing herbs, especially after an intense battle, or a special gem that contains any fel energy that might ‘bleed in’ during casts.

It’s up to the player to justify it. Even if it’s as simple as ‘I’m just that good of a Warlock that I don’t contaminate myself.’

I’d recommend playing through the unlock quest on the 10.1.5 PTR before your time runs out.

It is explained why some members of these races might choose to use fel magic. I found Initiate Oman to be an interesting character.

And do we know for sure that there aren’t going to be flavor NPCs or a blurb somewhere that explains it?

None of the other races that can be Warlocks turned green just from using their abilities over almost two decades. Warlocks wield fel energy, but they don’t have to consume fel-imbued demon blood to use their abilities.

• Eredar turned red because they were fully surrounded by fel energy in a corrupt environment and were fully corrupted by it.
  • Orcs turned green because they drank demon blood and were fully corrupted.
  • Sin’dorei had their eyes turn green and their skin turned reddish tones because demon corruption replaced the Arcane energy they’d previously been consuming from the Sunwell.

Races have individual people in them who believe different things.

See above Re: Just being a warlock doesn’t change you physically if you don’t go around diving into pools of demon blood, and never has for any of the other races.

The thing that makes a Draenei turn into a “Broken” is the severing of their bond with the Light. That can happen over time with thousands of years of exposure to a deeply corrupted environment (the Krokul on Argus) or it can happen through magic and mutagenic agents (the “red mist” in the seige on MU Shattrath. According to the Chronicle books, this was a blend of something called the “red pox” plague, inspired by the Curse of Sethe, weaponized and launched in bombs at the city).

Just manipulating fel energy won’t do it, or every Draenei double agent who did a face-heel turn on AU Draenor would’ve looked like a Broken.

2 Likes

You do you. I wish you well.

I was wondering when a lfd shadow priest would enter the discussion.

The day is now complete lol.

Priests have been keeping lore loose for a while. In wrath I have a human priest I try to level sometimes.

My human….waits for the day I don’t need holy powers lol. Since 11 for now she still needs smite and holy crap.

She does not serve the light. The whispers of the void are more fun lol.

@OP

1 Like

Then you just invalidated your ‘protest’ within the same post.

1 Like

I would but then my Draenei warlock won’t get leveled.

Yes, it appears the people against more class options like to use their head canon and fan fiction to gate keep what other people can play. They are just bitter that Blizzard makes the lore, and Blizzard disagrees with them.

bye i guess?

We have for awhile, and they do.

Not at least 3 expansions with draenei and fel.

Here is the real question, do you know the actual lore of Warlocks?

Because Warlocks are actually not accepted into most society. Most factions and kingdoms does not accept any Warlocks.

All from WoW Wiki, with sources to them:

Warlocks would remain shunned and hunted out by society until after the Third War, where their expertise on demonic subjects would be employed for the good of their respective factions. The Alliance and the Horde as such began pressing warlocks into their service.[27][28] Although many societies considered such dark arts disreputable, their efficacy in combat was considered undeniable. Most warlocks still kept practicing their arts in secret within hidden enclaves so that they could escape the prejudice of the public however.

In Stormwind City, when Lord Wishock was made aware of the warlock coven under the Slaughtered Lamb, he lobbied for a full investigation and closure of the tavern.[29] Zardeth of the Black Claw, however, implied that the noble was actually trying to shut the establishment down in order to avoid paying his tab there. In the end, the warlocks had Lord Wishock assassinated.[30]

In Khaz Modan, all warlocks were trained under the auspices of the masters of Gnomeregan. However, after the fall of the city, they were all forced to relocate into a “rat’s hole” in Ironforge and to send their novices to Stormwind for training as King Magni Bronzebeard decided to keep a careful watch on them.[31]

In Orgrimmar, warlocks operated discreetly in the Cleft of Shadow. Neeru Fireblade was a warlock who claimed not to wish to destroy the Horde from within or gain control over it, but he was secretly an agent of the Shadow Council. Thrall knew about this and tolerated his presence in order to fool him and better watch over him.[32]

In Silvermoon City, demons were more accepted than elsewhere, as the succubus Nimrida was walking with her master Keyanomir in the Murder Row of the city.

During the war against the Lich King, warlocks were still considered as pariahs, operating in the shadows of polite society but were now starting to be respected on the battlefronts.[33]

2 Likes

I will only accept panda warlocks if Nomi turned out to be one himself, panda warlocks turn out to be his followers and learned from him.

Make Nomi into the dreadlord he was meant to be.

:panda_face: