Canceled Sub to Protest Warlock Nonsense

I canceled my subscription today to protest the lore destruction in relation to this Warlock fiasco. Specifically, the expansion of the Warlock class to all races. The most egregious issue is having Lightforged Draenei and Mag’har Orcs be Warlock without any substantial lore revision.

Of course, I’m not saying I will never play again. I wanted to have the option to put my feedback in the why did I cancel box. I encourage others to do the same!

55 Likes

You gotta do what you think is best for you.

Seems kind of a silly shame, though. But it’s your choice.

This is the obligatory “Can I have your gold?” post. So, can I?

39 Likes

Is this is the hill you want to die on i guess… :woman_shrugging:

38 Likes

I haven’t quit but I haven’t played recently. Been on Elden ring and honkai star rail if anyone plays mobile.

I don’t think anyone was even asking for Draenei warlocks but don’t they already exist in the lore

I’d like to die on this hill before I have to die on the transformer Mechagnome druid one.

3 Likes

Bye

10char

20 Likes

Good, you voted with your wallet. I don’t agree with your reasons why but this is what works … if enough people do this, which I doubt, they will reconsider removing limits on players.

6 Likes

:dracthyr_shrug:

There’s so much other nonsense to get bent over (or not) so I guess do what you gotta do.

People are upset about all races / classes but not upset about everything post-legion? Hmm. Seems sus.

I’m happy to see this taking shape. Disappointed it was warlocks next and not paladins but … we’ll get there!

4 Likes

If you don’t like those races being warlocks… Don’t play one. :rofl:

27 Likes

I bet you immediately turned your subscription back on.

10 Likes

Don’t tell him there’s nothing in the lore preventing either race from being a Warlock…

9 Likes

every race should be allowed to be every class unless there is something physically preventing them from being something.

if my draenei wants to say “screw the light” and go learn to be a warlock then they should be allowed.

nothing other than some shame is stopping them

22 Likes

Okay bye, have a nice day because no matter what you do they’re still going through with it and Blizz writes the lore so they can do with it as they see fit.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like we’ll be losing much over this “loss”.

2 Likes

13 Likes

you do you friend, but remember: there are no new warlock races in classic WoW. so… y’know, that’s always an option.

I did not immediately turn it back on!

Of all the hills to die on, this is the one? Really?

5 Likes

Yes but being a warlock is a choice, are you saying this particular race a draenae lack free will? For this argument we are going to assume free will actually exists.

Which, it doesnt.

Press X to doubt.

4 Likes