Canceled Sub to Protest Warlock Nonsense

Tauren and regular Draenei are a bigger issue. Why are these two everyone’s focus?

Tauren have a whole quest chain in Legion explaining why being a Warlock is bad and Draenei becoming Warlock would make them Man’ari.

Y’all need to pick better hills to die on.

I’m left wondering why you needed to become vile during a harmless debate. Kinda sad.

Yes, yes, and there is also lore explaining why Warlocks are not accepted by Humans, but we still see them. Warlocks are basically an outcast. Many races would not accept them, but yet, here we are.

No, it isn’t. Repeating that in every thread doesn’t make it true.

This isn’t D&D where you can make up whatever you want. This is an established world with an established story and crapping on it for “reasons” doesn’t help the narrative or advance the story, it actually muddles it so badly that it’s worse than any expansion story narrative people claim was bad (i.e. SL or BfA.)

I’m still waiting for someone to give me a solid reason why SL story was bad, but giving all races Warlocks for “reasons” (without actually explaining the reasons) is not narratively worse. Especially when we have story lines specifically refuting that edition to the narrative.

This is the most nonsensical thing you’ve posted on the subject so far. Just because we don’t report directly to the leader every time, doesn’t mean we aren’t beholden to their “rule”. We are subjects under their rule, and the “lowly” quests we do gain us renown to be in their presence. Until then, they let their lieutenants handle the minor tasks. We don’t “report to the faction as a whole” we report to our immediate superior, and word of our deeds goes up the command chain.

Do you really think Captain Picard knows ALL the minor details of how the ship is run at any one moment? Give me a break.

1 Like

Not being accepted and literally not being able to be something because it turns you evil are not the same thing.

And where does it say that anyone who becomes a Warlock will turn evil?

Here is the official description of a Warlock.

In the face of demonic power, most heroes see death. Warlocks see only opportunity. Dominance is their aim, and they have found a path to it in the dark arts. These voracious spellcasters summon demonic minions to fight beside them. At first, they command only the service of imps, but as a warlock’s knowledge grows, seductive succubi, loyal voidwalkers, and horrific felhunters join the dark sorcerer’s ranks to wreak havoc on anyone who stands in their master’s way.

Does that not sound generally evil to you?

1 Like

Have you not played the game? Like at all?

Tauren and Draenei have established lore that says this. The Taurens have a whole questline I. Highmountain explaining how Fel is bad for them.

You can keep hand waving it off, but it exists. You should do a bit more research rather than relying on me to clue you into why you don’t know what you are talking about.

1 Like

So, every playable Warlock, every Warlock from the Black Harvest, all those friendly NPC’s that are Warlocks, what you’re saying is they are evil.

And you say I haven’t been playing at all. Name me one Warlock ability that is “Fel”.

They have reasons and examples why they societally abhor dark magic in general. This doesn’t mean individuals are incapable of practicing those dark magics.

1 Like

Summary of this entire thread: “I’m quitting the game over Warlocks because lore reasons, but I don’t even know the lore.”

Yes, I am pretty much saying that. Summoning demons and draining someone’s life and soul are actions I am going to put into the evil category.

1 Like

Look I don’t like it either but if you’re unsubbing to protest them but you’ll want to play again, you might as well just stay subbed. It’s happening, they’ve already done the work.

What needs to be done now is asking them to add any sort of in game lore justifications for the races that need it (Lightforged and Mag Orcs) something as simple and lazy as adding a new skin tone for them that shows hints of Fel corruption or something, anything.

It’s ok to admit you don’t actually read the story text

This is all incorrect.

They abhor this magic because every member of their race that has every dabbled in it has turned thoroughly evil.

It’s not even a grey area. It’s a 100% failure rate.

I want Blizzard to explain why it’s suddenly NOT that case, and not “just because”. That’s as bad as saying:

“Somehow, Palatine has returned.”

1 Like

The player character doesn’t actually exist lore wise… Do you understand that part? So if deeznuts alight forged dranei lock as bad as that sounds is really no diff lore wise than a human paladin player character. Idk why all the rage over it. What compels people to get upset for or against this crap I’ll never understand.

We are the center of the story. We exist. In the case of the story we might be technically nameless and faceless (because we are all following the same story), but we exist.

I’ve explained this elsewhere, but I’ll do it again for you. This isn’t a game like D&D where you make up the entire world before you even start playing. This world already existed, and it had a story. Changing it part way through in a MAJOR way (like X magic will turn X people evil every time, now wait, not anymore) is just HORRIBLE story telling.

I don’t care that they will exist. I want Blizzard to come up with a VERY good reason why it’s suddenly ok to have this change.

It matters more than you think.

1 Like

Right, so where in the lore does it says our characters can not be this class on this race then? Hmmm?

LOL. First time? Protests in WoW a thing?..

1 Like

The player character itself does not exist in the lore. So player combinations that don’t line up lore wise don’t really break the lore… Stretch it all you want. That doesn’t change. You can roleplay around that you can get over it. Yeah world existed before us sure, it’s also an ever-changing and evolving world get over it.

If you’re just going to be obtuse and not go look it up, I’m not going to throw you yet another bone.

You’re on your own here, go research.

1 Like