Canceled Sub to Protest Warlock Nonsense

Cool. I don’t think anybody asked, but good for you.

Me, I like options. I like choices. So I think your take is pretty stupid.

2 Likes

The option to cancel one’s subscription is still a valid one, regardless of how stupid you think it is.

You people are really not the Champions of Options and Choices you make yourselves out to be.

I dunno who this “you people” is that you are referring to. OP is perfectly within their capabilities as a paying customer to cancel their subscription because they woke up today and it was raining outside; I mention this only because that’s pretty much how stupid of a thing this is to cancel your subscription over, but more power to the OP I guess.

2 Likes

You’re not even a warlock, I don’t think you get to say a thing :wave:t2:

Valid or invalid, it is a ridiculous thing to cancel a sub over.

If the people outraged over this change hadn’t already quit due to the lore defilement that was Shadowlands, I have serious doubts that they’re truly upset over this.

What it really is, it is gatekeeping. People are more wanting to roll on Paladins or Druids, since they are requested mostly on other races, but since it was mentioned for Warlocks, people are just throwing a tantrum.

I bet you, when Paladins get announce, people won’t be throwing such a tantrum like this because of Void Elves being able to be a Paladin or Blood Elves being Druids, despite the lore strongly opposes to the both of them combo’s existing.

Plus also, to use lore as an excuse to Warlocks over all this… Clearly doesn’t know the lore at all.

Sure they will.

And you’ll just feel the need to say they’re gastekeeping again.

Endless spiral.

Well, if it does happen, there is always classic they can explore. I heard it doesn’t have the same class/race restrictions as Dragonflight.

Oh yes, Dragonflight Classic is all the rage these days I hear.

1 Like

… Are you… You’re just yanking peoples’ chains, right?

Ok then…

Now I have no clue where you are going with this.

At this point the conversation has become so circular and ridiculous to me that yes, I’m yanking chains at this point.

People want to voice their displeasure with something and no matter what, someone has to come out of the woodwork and express how doing so is a stupid idea. At this point yanking chains is a drop in the water.

Realistically, very few people care about others voicing displeasure. The absolute hissy fit of a tantrum being thrown on the forums over literally nothing, that’s not just voicing displeasure.

Add on top that the OP is making a rather ridiculous choice over something that literally harms nobody and only stands to benefit the game and its players, and you get the response that was given. They’re free to make that choice, just as I’m free to point out how utterly stupid it is.

This is what I notice most often. OP always sets the tone on a new thread. When they use loaded or aggressive words, bloated or flat out false numbers, it’s just not going to go well.

“Posting a thread is such an exercise in futility” is a great reasoning for a grand majority of the threads that are posted in GD to not exist in the first place.

Yet, knowing this, people still post threads.

Maybe they just don’t know. Glad you’re there to ensure they do.

Why exactly do you care so much about this, again? I’m failing to see your point, if you even have one.

OP, how did you play through BFA and SL… only to have this be the straw that broke the camels back? lol

Shadowlands was very painful. I voiced my problems with it multiple times.

Honestly, it is the only intelligent choice to make when one disagrees with the direction the game has taken (and this is a matter of subjectivity).

1 Like