Cancel culture

I’d say it isn’t sticking because people like Trump a whole lot less.

Weird thing to bring up considering Trump’s history though.

2 Likes

Deflect. Nice.

1 Like

Considering many people who have committed sexual assault are in high positions of power, cancel culture sounds pretty ineffective.

But the gamers TM like to pretend to be an oppressed minority where evil cancel culture will get them.

Josh should have been cancelled the moment he started being disgusting on streams which was years ago from the very start, but he wasnt.

What’s the deflection? I stated the facts.

Trump and Biden can both resign over their allegations and the country will be massively improved.

2 Likes

I will agree with you there, but I think you are missing my point. You framed your original statement in a way that implied that only conservatives were facing sexual assault allegations, which is demonstrably false.

It came off as hypocritical.

3 Likes

As someone looking in from outside the USA, I’ve always wondered how, in a country of 320 million people, those two were the cream that rose to the top.

2 Likes

Oh no I didn’t mean it like that.

Just saying the term cancel culture was coined by the conservative side of the media. People in general are going to suck despite their political beliefs.

In politics, are you sure it’s cream that rises?

6 Likes

Just the way it all played out today though coupled with sexual purge on twitch all week…

It looks like he was just banned midstream while he was talking about some weird documentary/book. Not a permaban offense even if its distasteful.

Then he’s just gone.

Then someone claims they have sources it’s a perma ban.

Then his emotes disappear and all his subs start getting refunded.

This is nuts. I have never seen someone get cancelled like this it’s gotta be huge.

1 Like

I’ve said this elsewhere but I have to say it again.

Let’s look at Hollywood. Were there false accusations? Yup likely. Now how many actually had their careers ruined? Now how many women were too afraid to come forward and therefore creeps got away with it? Which do you think is the bigger number?

Gaming has been a male dominated industry forever. You better believe there are far more women not coming forward than false accusations coming forward.

Lol, true. More like the oily film on top of the water.

And this means that the women who do come forward are correct by default, because…?

1 Like
  1. Only about half the population votes. (There are multiple reasons why)
  2. The US have laws that make it legal for the rich to quite literally buy politicians.
  3. Both parties organizations are a mafia of elite that decide who actually runs.
  4. More complex and accurate reasons that would take me years to type down and explain. It’s a mess.
3 Likes

No it means that we should take accusations seriously instead of just dismissing them. Anyways you didn’t answer the question. What’s the bigger number? The number of men falsely accused or the number of women too afraid to come forward?

And what happens when the real truth was that some decide to lie about it and destroy someone permanently because zealots push without a shred of Real physical evidence…

Want proof of that look at Jonny depth the guy is. Basicly ruin because 1 lieing … trash person and zealots screaming out taking her side without a shred of real evidence

5 Likes

Yeah neither have I, honestly to be that big… we are beyond legal. It had to be that there is already a prosecutor really to file charges.

There’s some rumor running about the cheating thing which I don’t want to advertise cause I am 100% sure it’s false, but it doesn’t make sense for Twitch to intervene that dramatically if it were the case.

Being Devil’s Advocate though…

Twitch is going through some marvelous hoops to avoid their insane bias towards lewd female streamers though. But that is another flaming topic that gives you cancer at the touch of it so let’s not talk about it hahaha

1 Like

As a general term with no ties to the current streamer/swifty issue, yes cancel culture is awful lmao

The system is just fine. It’s the current culture of refusal to compromise or negotiate that has led to a huge divide in the country.

The interesting part is its 50/50. You’d think one side would dominate over the other but it’s a pretty even split divide in beliefs. Just wish there was more compromise.

I think “innocent until proven guilty” only works in cases where it’s not crystal clear if the allegations are true.

If someone is clearly guilty, “innocent until proven guilty” isn’t going to save said person’s reputation.

no no no no no