Cancel culture

Ok, im not talking about the Method situation im speaking in general.

Look at what happened to Johnny Depp

Look at what happened to jenna Marbles.

Look at the Swifty Situation his is literally allegations from a known Alcoholic liar and Aggressor.

I know how ptsd works thank you, But the point is people deserve a fair trial regardless of what others thing companies don’t need to get involved until the trial happens. They can simply say we are waiting for further information, as well as going to post pone any events involving said parties. Once the truth comes out then they should do whatever needs to be done.

12 Likes

Cancel Culture sounds like an Emmitt Till type situation.

Girl makes accusation, man gets lynched because no one would wait for justice and the truth to be found out. #believeallwomen (except for the ones that accuse your political tribe)

FYI - I had no idea who this joker is, but when we refuse to wait for all the facts to come out, we get lies that people refuse to ever give up. Men’s lives are ruined and the women are never prosecuted for lying to the court and starting these things - even when they confess it never happened and they made it all up

8 Likes

Cancel culture can mean many things nowadays.

It can mean holding someone accountable for their problematic behavior and it can be digging up tweets from a decade ago.

1 Like

When you go ten years into somebody’s past to dig up something “problematic” and act like they they haven’t changed, when clearly they have, its not repercussions.

My comment isn’t directed at method josh, or people like him, who has evidence stacked against him, or swifty who I know nothing about. Its about little things people did that are being brought up as if they committed them now.

7 Likes

History lesson right here. That is why the bridge is going to be EXTREMELY hard to be built in our current social divisiveness. Going Napalm on everything tends to leave nothing alive to grow.

2 Likes

The study claiming that only 2 to 8 percent accusations is often cited to shut down debate, but it has also been contested.

The issue with the study according to critics is that it bases its conclusion using accusations that are PROVABLY false. It leaves out the fact 44.9 percent cases “did not proceed” – meaning there was insufficient evidence, the accuser was uncooperative, or the incident did not meet the legal standard of assault. An additional 13.9 percent of cases could not be categorized due to lack of information. That leaves 35.3 percent of cases that led to formal charges or discipline against the accused.

These stats leave alot of room for uncertainty. So what percentage of sexual assault accusations are actually true? I have no idea, and I doubt that anyone really does.

7 Likes

So lets talk. This is all me. Every single bit of it. It helped ruin 3 marriages. It ended my real career 5 years ago and almost made it impossible to work the last few till I finally just blew up and quit. I take 4 psych meds a day. I can’t get disability because no one cares if this happened to a man. A female psych of mine said maybe if I took up running and got in shape I would be ok. Can you imagine a psych telling that to a woman? Yeah this is VERY personal to me

As a MAN, you could never admit weakness like this. At best you would get beat for allowing it to happen or worse get beat because someone figured you wanted it to happen.

In the end I CAN speak on this topic because I HAVE seen women fake a lot of stuff. They get free prizes if they do.

9 Likes

news is breaking that Dr. Disrepects subs are getting refunded and his emotes deleted.

Apparently he is done. Everywhere. What on earth is going on out there??!?

Why did Blizzard wait so long to reschedule the Shadowlands preview there’s a whole new cycle of crazy going on again already I knew this was gonna happen, it’s happened every 4 weeks this entire year. Every month has a theme.

Dr Disrespect is the complete opposite of cancel culture.
It’s been handled privately.

That’s how all these accusations should have gone.

4 Likes

Yeah, saw this when I got off work today. To say he’s been DELETED doesn’t even describe what’s going on.
His case, there is MOUNTAINS of speculation but no facts yet. YIKERS for sure.

Little of both actually.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s going to stay private for long this sounds massive. I’ve heard of people getting banned but I’ve never heard of someone this big getting banned and having everything canceled and refunded that day.

He is permanently cancelled everywhere. This is either a criminal investigation or it very well could be soon. The timing can’t be ignored given everything happening on twitch the last week.

1 Like

Caelus you’re just a fountain of bad takes. Everywhere I see you

2 Likes

She comes of as a person tthat just wants to watch a “witch” burn even though the evidence is a burnt piece of paper.

3 Likes

I went out and got an Oreo McFlurry.

1 Like

Well said.

My thoughts. I mean, everyone just got put on notice. I imagine (since I have been in a few myself with my own companies) A LOT of internal meetings are going on across many companies right now in the industry.

Pre-emptive strikes are always the best business move to do.

Do not be surprised if more heads roll in the coming weeks.

1 Like

No Caramel added to it??? I had a problem with McFlurries for a long time. I’m sober now lol

I’d say these guys have it pretty good compared to people getting lynched for having the wrong skin color or loving the wrong people historically.

3 Likes

This was my first try of a McFlurry. Yummy

1 Like