Canadian Dollar (CAD) Price Change for World of Warcraft Game Time (Excludes Subscriptions)

if they ever increase US game time price i will probly have to buy subs and cancel renew right away. I am fearful because my family gives me gift cards to pay for stuff (they took my debit card away, said the govt forbade me to have one) and the gift cards say they aren’t supposed to be used for auto renewing things but they worked before when i tried before so I hope they keep working.

ChrisP

it will be so much harder to convince my friends to give this game a try when the prices go up while every other game is becoming free to play

3 Likes

This change makes zero sense? I could buy a sub on a third party website for 15$ USD and then I’m only paying 19$ CAD still. Or even get my US friend to get it for me. xD

1 Like

Blizzard is a absolute joke. There is a pandemic going on people are getting laid off from their jobs and everybody is having a tough time with money but let’s just raise the price for these Canadians even though we make billions of dollars. I really can’t believe I have to pay more money a month to play a scuffed fury warrior that is bottom in damage. Get it together blizzard and rethink your decision making

5 Likes

Ya man, I’m out. I just came back too. Had plans to actually do SL, and finish where I left off years ago with achievements, titles etc.

5 Likes

Why in the hell do I keep giving this company another chance? I skipped out on all of BFA and I was fine. Supporting this company is not worth it anymore. It just plain isn’t. I won’t be renewing my sub at the end of the month. I know this change won’t be reverted, I know me complaining about it won’t do a damn thing so the only option left is to once again quit.

Maybe it’s time to try FF14 again.

2 Likes

This is scummy and does not even follow the value of the canadian dollar. You guys will never stop the greed wont you?

6 Likes

You left out low oil prices. So low that tar sands oil at negative prices. Or is that old news in Canada already?

2 Likes

I’m in B.C bro. We all know B.C stands for Bring Ca$h.

3 Likes

The Saudis, Russians and the rest of OPEC set the price for oil. That’s what cartels do. Liberal or Conservative governments can’t do anything about that.

1 Like

To everyone that say: Sub prices isn’t change.
You’re right but i’m sure blizz will up the sub prices to match the gametime prices in a near future. Common shady practices from companies to confuse consumers and split the backlash.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/OxjDikd_VW0

Shutting down offices, laying off employees. Giving honor points instead of good wages to the employees.

Just Blizzard things.

1 Like

I’m intrigued to see those “record profits” next quarter, followed by another 800 employees fired, and to top it off, another CFO being hired with an insane starting bonus and more original Blizzard greats leaving the now old god corrupted company that is Activision.

3 Likes

Lol get stuffed.

1 Like

Come-on… if youre going to make me pay more for WoW than FFXIV, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, or even PSNow at least give me content worth its value.

3 Likes

Whether or not you care about the extra $3 a month is irrelevant, you should be pissed off on the principle that we are now paying more (converted) for the game than people in the US are. In a year where many people are already struggling financially. Dick move Activision, as if you need the money…

6 Likes

They didn’t increase the price of a subscription. You’re paying essentially the same cost as Americans.

Thx Whales - agree… It’s not about the can of redbull, its the principle and the timing is epic… Total fail.

Not everyone uses the sub model? Not sure what the point of your comment is.

the GST rule will only affect online companies with a presence in Canada, which Afaik Blizzard does not have.

Blizzard has locations in the USA, Australia, South Korea, Taiwan, Ireland, The Netherlands, France and China… but not Canada.

1 Like