Can you play on two different accounts under your battle.net account at the same time?

Hello! Recently my fiancée has been interested in playing with me and it has been a super exciting thing! She’s super new to gaming and has troubles even moving the camera right sometimes :sweat_smile::heart:.

What I was wondering is if I make a separate account under my name in order that she is able to play there while also keeping all of my in game mounts, pets, etc, will we be able to play on those separate accounts together, at the same time, and on different computers in the same house? My goal is to have her be able to have much of my account wide things while also being able to play the game as if she owned her own account.

Thanks in advance to any answers offered and have a blessed day! :blush:

1 Like

no and no.

account sharing is against the rules for very good reasons.

if she’s interested in playing, set her up with her own account

7 Likes

So I’ve never heard the term account sharing before. I’ve been a casual player for years and I’ve never known anyone who’s ever done this, so this is a topic I’m not aware of, if it’s possible, or if it’s against ToS, which is why I asked here.

It wouldn’t be used for botting or cheating, just playing together. Is it against ToS due to the progress sharing part, or because of people being able to bot? I’m curious.

1 Like

No she cannot have acess to your acvount under any circumstance she can create her on bnet and wow account with her own AUTHENTICATOR then you can recruit a friend her you and only you should be acessing your acvount.

6 Likes

It’s largely a security concern. For example, if things go sour between you and someone else you share the account with, there could easily be no end of trouble and waste of resources on Blizzard’s behalf for the time and effort it takes them to correct it after the matter.

Another thread just popped up shortly after yours showing they take account responsibility seriously, even if occasionally they mistakenly flag an account.

6 Likes

If you make an account for her it must be in her name! Not yours

3 Likes

I remember those days! She will get the hang of it. As other said though, Account Sharing is against the rules and can result in account penalties.

Here is the policy that explains the EULA terms in a user friendly way.

Only you are allowed to access an account registered in your name. We don’t recognize the transfer of accounts between individuals. Activities performed on your account are your liability.

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except if you are a parent or guardian, in which case you may permit one minor child to use your account. You may not use your account at the same time, and you are liable for activities conducted by the minor child.

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and the use of your user name and password. You are responsible for all uses of your information, even if you don’t authorize them. Security of your account is your responsibility.

If she wants to play my suggestion is as follows:

• Have her set up her own Battlenet account in her legal name as we are required to do.
  • Help her set up some addons like DuelRespose that keep her from being bothered. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/duelresponse
  • Help her configure her interface so that she has her action bars set up in a user friendly way (keep it simple!), and maybe even turn off guild invites in the options.
  • Let her play the FREE levels and see if she likes it! She can get the hang of moving around for free.
  • If she does like it and she buys some game time/expansion, be sure to set up Refer a Friend. It gives you nice powers like summoning and also rewards.

The MoP event is coming up soon if you both have the game and it should allow very fast leveling. A great way for you to see a different game mode along with her, and for her to level up a char fast. The chars will transfer to Retail when the event ends.

8 Likes

Great suggestion! Just wanted to emphasize that the character made in Remix cannot be played outside of Remix until after the event ends. You said as such, but wanted to make it crystal clear.

If you wanted to play with her in other expansions such as Dragonflight before War Within, you’d want to make a character on the normal realms. We don’t yet know when Remix characters will move over but the general theory is during War Within pre-patch possibly.

7 Likes

If you are doing Recruit-a-Friend you should set it up right away. You only have a week after the new account is created before it can’t be connected.

3 Likes

Problem is this situation doesnt apply to the OP he wants to share his account with his fiance and thats strictly against the rules.

3 Likes

My niece would be super interested in this if it were a thing.

8 Likes

The eula prohibits you from sharing username and login info with anyone (emohasis added). I dont see an exception for family or spouse. Now, if you dont mind putting your account at risk, what youre wanting to do does work. Youll need to manually log into one of the accounts because bnet cant be signed in at the same time. Keep in mind bnet messages will be seen by both of you and people will see you logged onto both accounts.

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except if you are a parent or guardian, in which case you may permit one minor child to use your account. You may not use your account at the same time, and you are liable for activities conducted by the minor child.

7 Likes

Theres very good reasons why were not allowed to aacount share.

1. Were still responsible for what happens when someone else uses there account if someone goes off the deepend and gets a silence that will still be upheald.

2. Jilted lovers petty revenge practical joke like deleting all toon especialy whe u can only undelete 1 every 7 days i think and i dont think gms can circumvent this.

2 Likes

Not really the botting. Sadly, bots will bot no matter what :frowning: It does discourage them a little tho.

If it helps, having the account in her name doesn’t change what you’ll have to pay to get it set up to play together. You still need to purchase the game, and still need a sub fee, in order to play together. It beats having the account banned if it’s determined you were sharing.

4 Likes

I like the way that phrase flows, Kaleberry, my friend. I have been botted a time or two myself over the years.

One could apply the following saying cyclists use: “There are two kinds of riders who ride “clipped”. Those who have fallen and those who will fall”

I belong to both groups. :rofl::wink:

2 Likes

base game has been free for a very long time now…

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry. I was assuming current content and not thinking. Thanks!

3 Likes

Agreed.
Don’t know why my post was flagged/deleted, what I posted is true and possible.
:person_shrugging:

Because that wasn’t really the focus of the OPs question, Fester.

4 Likes