Can you feel it boosters

Things that aged poorly: This thread :rofl:

4 Likes

I will take “People who counted their chickens before they were hatched” for $1000, Alex!

1 Like

What’s funny is he’s on a retail toon so all his achievement are public rofl.

He has never even hit 1750 or accomplished anything hard.

Despite having the “win 100 arena games” achievement.

1 Like

Activision wants it’s money so Boosts will be in. It’s too bad for WoW.

2 Likes

Sounds like a solid business plan to me.

2 Likes

Omg the OP Grimlic must be a fortune teller because boy was he spot on re: boosting.

el oh el

1 Like

Did you seriously think at the time you posted this that 3000 people is a valid sample size of the Classic community?

Did you think the pro-boosters would all go out of their way to click on a long video that looks like another angyboi whinefest?

Did you think the vast majority of Classic players who don’t care either way were represented?

Boy oh boy oh boy.

1 Like

Really excited for the boost that is going to 100% happen and only have positive effects on the game. Can you feel it anti-boosters? The delusion and streamer manipulation slowly fading away from you?

1 Like

Hey, people enjoy kimchi, and blue cheese.

Lol, well that didn’t age well…

1 Like

I was literally about to type that LOL.

1 Like

There’s a 0% chance Blizz will change this- and you don’t seem to realize most players here are retail, they’re pro boost because they don’t really like the idea of playing classic without having their hands held by daddy Kotick.

80%+ of players will use this boost- and then 100% of bots will use it to skip days of levelling. That’s 100s of millions of dollars in their pockets for no effort on their part, that means another 200M bonus for Bobby and another 2000 Blizz employees kicked out on the street like his used trash.

There’s a 0% chance Blizz will change their minds on this one.

1 Like

Not really most players in classic are people who have already played vanilla and TBC. The people who will the boost have already played 1-58 and simply don’t care about it, they aren’t missing our on some transcendent experience.

2 Likes

Feeling optimistic aren’t you?
Personally I doubt you are correct about that.

That’s right. I disagree with you because I’m a retail player and Bobby Kotick is my Daddy. lol

lol

haha

Your posts get better every day.

1 Like

A month later and it is even funnier than when you first posted it. :joy:

2 Likes

Nah. This is wishful thinking. I am ambivalent boost because I don’t see how it impacts me at all beyond maybe making starting on a new realm convenient instead of leveling a 6th toon. I doubt I ever do this though, so it is really just an option that I don’t mind having.

Seems unlikely, but you do you. The bots are actually less likely to use this boost now that it has been confirmed that AOE dungeon farming is alive and well. It would have to be a pretty low price point for it to be more financially efficient to boost 4 toons using the service compared to boosting those same 4 toons manually in a dungeon. Figure this will cost at least 20 dollars per toon.

Furthermore, this boosting service cuts off one revenue stream that bots have: i.e. offering boosting services.

The whole concept that this change is some panacea for bots is pretty comical.

Straight up, it is a change you don’t like. That’s fine. Label it that way and move on.

Actually agree with you on this point.

You realize, when someone is happy they usually don’t make a post about it, and when they make a posts they’re probably mad.

With that said, most of the pop is fine with boosts because most of us will use one. Just because 500 people on the forums don’t want boosts doesn’t mean the 50,000 not on forums don’t want it. Blizzard put the boosts in. They’re here to stay.

All it has to be is low enough that their retail bots can buy them with gold they can earn in less time than it takes to level from 1-58.

If it takes 100+ hours to get a toon to 60 through botting, but it takes 20 hours for bots to get the gold necessary to buy tokens for a boost on retail, the gold route’s going to have a cheaper opportunity cost.

I think people underestimate how much gold bots make on retail.

Considerably more players use LFR than do other versions of raiding, and almost everyone uses dungeon finder for normal/heroic dungeons in retail.

Because everyone uses them- they’re good?

Let’s add in LFD/LFR right now then- I can guarantee if you did, players would use it.