Can you feel it boosters

Somewhere in a time warp? All characters were pushed down to level 50 after the stats squish prior to Shadowlands, so…

Thanks.

Can confirm a friend of mine who was “participating” in that stuff got caught and banned. His account got 6 months. He’s since made another account and apparently no longer participated in that stuff.

Buying and selling gold is big time, and the only solution is to harshly punish it on both ends, if the buyer aren’t punished then there is demand and when demand exist, people will fill that need.

1 Like

Considering most people would just ignore it, making it as effective as any targeted survey, I agree with you.

No they didn’t, the talent trees changed dramatically. Also subs continued downward spiral through MoP. here is a title from just one article. Notice the words SCRAPPING.

“New Monk class can fill any role. Blizzard has revealed that it’s scrapping the talent system that’s been a cornerstone of World of Warcraft’s character class design, in some form or other, since the game launched in 2004”

I’m…not sure what Mists’ changing of talents entirely has to do with my statement that subs started dropping in Cataclysm when talents were still mostly the same, just with less points

never said it did, but it was a huge fuss when it did change. No one thing can or should ever be blamed for the sub decline. Talents were not the same what so ever. Did you play then??? I can remember clearly being super pissed about it at the options I had.

I’m not the one doing that. In fact, I’m specifically pointing these facts out in order to state “the decline of WoW is not due to a single factor”

I did, yes. It “changed” from 60 points of “x spell costs 0.5% less mana” to 30 points of “x spell costs 1% less mana”

Then you must be confused on what I mean by talent trees. In Cata we had a max of 85 talent points to place in our trees as we saw fit. In mop we had 1 point to place in a selection of 3 choices at levels 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 90. So that’s going from 85 points to 6. Huge difference as it became even more cookie cutter builds than we had prior.

And then 3rd patch of MoP came out and subs had a huge increase from the dropoff

All patches usually have increase in subs ever since the decline began in Cata

It was a max of 41 points, actually. Cataclysm was when they reduced the total number of points you had and made you get down to your chosen tree’s capstone ability before you could put points into a different tree

And the choices changed from minor, barely noticeable stat boosts to actual new abilities and passives that significantly impacted the playstyle of your class

The talent revamp is what did it for me. I was already generally unhappy with what the cataclysm did to the world, and taking away freedom to spec how I want was the final straw, and I wasn’t the only one. A LOT of people quit because of it.

Yes we’ve already covered you have a vitriolic hatred for an expansion you never even gave a chance

1 Like

Just stop, go search Cata Talent point tree and click image. Then go click MoP talent point tree and click image

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wowhead.com%2Fguide%3Dcataclysm%26mastery&psig=AOvVaw1sg1U1aJMKAvMlGQ0p223L&ust=1616373638974000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPi4mpaTwO8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

I disagree with this. I looked through the druid talents and they were all useless. Some were pvp oriented, and others were cosmetic or so minor it had no noticable impact on my gameplay.

Stop what? I’m literally looking at the Cataclysm talent trees right now! I don’t know what else to tell you. I’m thinking YOU didn’t play Cataclysm

Im thinking your high, lol I am looking at a Cata talent tree calculator and have 85 points. Maybe you didn’t play lol.

Oh I see how your looking at it, because of the structure blizz had in place. I stand corrected.

He may be thinking about pre-patch for MoP?

“ The talent trees in Cataclysm resemble what they looked like back in the original World of Warcraft - at least in terms of size. The final talent in each tree requires 30 points invested in that tree, as opposed to 50 in Wrath of the Lich King. To accommodate for this cut, Blizzard has reduced the number of talent points players get by roughly a half. You will get your first point at level 10, just like now, but from then on you’ll be getting a talent point every odd level until you hit 81. Then, from 81 to 85, you’ll get a point for every level. This configuration leaves you with a total of 41 talent points at level 85.”

-wowhead

You sure you aren’t looking at a private server talent calculator or something?

1 Like

You could be right on the calculator, I am old but as I edited above I stated I stand corrected.