Can we talk about the book?

There seems to be quite a range of dates for the publication ranging from just published to 25 Jan next year. Not surprised by this as I’ve previously seen it happen several times on books I was waiting for.

There’s a ton of context that you’re missing. Wait for the book to come out before bashing it.

I stopped reading the crap WoW stories when I found out that one of the requirements to be selected to write for Blizzard is the writers political beliefs.

Besides I want my story and lore to be told in the game.

Fam. It’s Blizzard writing, all I have to know is that it exists to know it’s bad at this point.

3 Likes

“Wait for the book to come out” is like Blizzard telling us to wait for the story to finish. We already know how its going to end lmao

2 Likes

Really? I wish sometimes.

Yeah some people find comfort in their echo chambers of intolerance.

Hell, it doesn’t even take finishing something to know it’s bad.

Twilight sure didn’t get better with the later books, I regret even reading the first one. :joy:

Posting in a Samtaya thread.

Fantasy racism is so boring, I’m sorry I have to say…
It’s just an uninteresting concept to me and to see them double down on it is just so bizarre.

:blush: Do I have a genre of thread now? Huzzah!

3 Likes

Fantasy racism is in itself not the problem if it is told well. But I think everyone knows by now that Blizzard’s writers lack the skill and nuance to tell any story with complex themes.

1 Like

it doesn’t even make any sense. even the most racist dudes on earth wouldn’t be like “Oh everyone you knew and loved was incinerated? Have you mayhaps tried just getting over it?”

tbh this part is actually believable but i don’t think it was blizzard’s intentions lol

Is this a troll post? Some of this seems way out there and unbelievable even considering what we’ve had to experience for the past few years now.

Going from the story forum thread that’s not even an accurate summary of what’s in the book.

It’s real, baybeh

As a related aside, a number of the original designers, perhaps even the ones who themed the Goblins, are Jewish. I point this out only because I’m pretty certain that the playerbase is convinced that every single detail conceived in this game is a racist remark by straight white christian males.

There are undoubtedly parallels to real-world ethnicities within wow, but they come from a long tradition of stereotyping that was more indicative of a sheltered and ignorant existence that pervades humanity in general. We are in the middle of a massive cultural shift where people are becoming aware that their comments and observations can reach their subjects.

They were ok with giving trolls nose bones because they never imagined Tribal Africans, or Amazonian Tribespeople would be in a position to take offence or cry foul. In the lifetime of this game we have gone from a fairly limited understanding of certain small fragments of humanity that were disconnected from advanced society, to being able to watch them react to eating McDonald’s on youtube.

Times, they are a changin’.

2 Likes

thats weird, I just picked up a few quests there the other day :laughing:

2 Likes

No u didnt u stop ur lying right this second mr

3 Likes