Can we talk about the book?

This is fair. I do often wonder how tauren co-exist with goblins. It never made much sense to me. And you’d expect a city filled with shaman to… not be okay with their behavior.

1 Like

One of the things I’m most routinely annoyed with is that the Alliance wins a lot. Off camera, in lines in a book (or twitter). So as a Horde player, that feels unfair.

But the Horde’s rare victories seem to always get high depth treatment with loving focus and associated questlines. So as an Alliance player, that feels unfair.

Ugh.

8 Likes

We barely have time to even wipe our butts due to catastrophic events occurring and each expansion apparently only being a year down the timeline pipeline. The Horde even had 2 civil wars happening so I doubt y’all ever had a moment to be like, “hmm, we should work on the drinking water”.

Really the issue is with Blizzard lacking on their world building and separating US with the world for their linear storylines since it’s all that have an interest in exploring. The Goblins having an effect on the lands is not surprising to me in the lease. That polluted lake in Org was always nasty and their ruin of Azshara shows that the Horde didn’t give a flip with them ruining that land, why would they care about the Southfury?

The book takes place before Thrall gets captured by Mawsworn, so before Shadowlands starts.

Argh. This is exactly what I’m talking about.

1 Like

I’d say constant, unending, apocalyptic level war is probably also a flaw of Blizzard’s writing. At the level of conflict that we are always engaged in, Azeroth was a dead planet like five years ago.

4 Likes

Yep, it’s a very common issue. Which also stems from the fact that Blizzard loves to put almost all of the actual lore of the world in books you have to pay for while the game focuses on a select few characters. So you have enormous pockets of nothing happening if you don’t shell out constantly for those external pieces. You SHOULD be able to get the entire story in game, and the books are supplementary that provide more insight of what has already been seen. However, that isn’t what happens. A majority of the story is in books while the game is almost just more of a dungeon crawler.

Oh well we all know that’s the true issue. The book just kind of illustrates how bad Blizzard is at world building, especially since the main writer for this one is the “Loremaster” of all of WoW’s lore.

The Goblin bit that annoys me the most is Gazlowe is written to be exactly like Gallywix, which goes directly against his character established in game. So the book Gazlowe and game Gazlowe aren’t even the same character.

3 Likes

My personal favorite is that Zekhan, the shaman, doesn’t know what erosion is.

6 Likes

Goblins… can literally… be shamans…?
If the southbury river is polluted, why not, I dunno, have the many many shamen work to clean it up??

This makes no sense. Shipping water in from Mulgore? Whut?

1 Like

Oh yeah, and the Shatterspear Trolls are living peacefully with the Night Elves now.

1 Like

Where is this passage?

I’m sorry, but with the ones you posted, I have zero issue with any of them atm.

Also not a good look that Zekhan is illiterate and needs a white man to teach him how to read and write. Even if Trolls weren’t coded as black this is just… do the horde not have schools? lol

7 Likes

But you don’t have first-hand knowledge and made an inflammatory thread that may just be someone’s opinions and not how it’s actually portrayed in some cases?

No, It’s mostly true.

This makes me so mad as well. If you did any of the questing in BFA around motherlode or mechagon opening, you know that Gazlowe is a Union Rep.

He’s the worker organizer who takes on the nasty capitalist boss and fights for paid time off and sick leave.

4 Likes

Good Lord, y’all will reach for anything nowadays, won’t you? :roll_eyes:

Case closed.

2 Likes

I’m not reaching for anything when its all in the book for me to see lol.

1 Like

Everyone is going to be acting like a human at this point.

1 Like

I don’t have that passage, just the reactions from it. They mentioned having Gazlowe use Rexxar to beat his workers into submission, and Rexxar does it.

Something that I saw on Twitter I think is a valid examination of the issue:

That’s a real issue, actually. And the only part about that was untrue was the bit about Zekhan thinking the Night Elves should get over it. Many pages are available online.

1 Like