Can we stop hating on Shadowlands? This is the best WoW expansion to date

https //www gamasutra com/view/news/29297/Battlenet_Real_ID_System_To_Require_Full_Names_On_Forums.php

In an attempt to “promote constructive conversations” and curb “flame wars, trolling, and other unpleasantness,” Blizzard will require users to use their real names when posting to forums on the company’s Battle.net community site.

https //www gamasutra com/view/news/29368/Blizzard_Retracts_Real_ID_Forum_Policy_Amid_Uproar.php

Just days after World of Warcraft developer Blizzard Entertainment said it would require its customers to use their real names in their online forums, CEO Mike Morhaime has retracted the policy.

Happened in 2010. Maybe don’t insult people when you clearly don’t know the facts.

1 Like

https //www gamasutra com/view/news/29297/Battlenet_Real_ID_System_To_Require_Full_Names_On_Forums.php

In an attempt to “promote constructive conversations” and curb “flame wars, trolling, and other unpleasantness,” Blizzard will require users to use their real names when posting to forums on the company’s Battle.net community site.

https //www gamasutra com/view/news/29368/Blizzard_Retracts_Real_ID_Forum_Policy_Amid_Uproar.php

Just days after World of Warcraft developer Blizzard Entertainment said it would require its customers to use their real names in their online forums, CEO Mike Morhaime has retracted the policy.

Happened in 2010. Maybe don’t insult people when you clearly don’t know the facts.

Mute this.

That also happened, but there was another fiasco where they wanted to implement real ID on the forums. I was here for that. It was a mess, even worse than when they tried to take flying out.

It’s not even close to the best, Wrath and MoP are basically tied for that title. No expansion after MoP even makes the list.

2 Likes

I would agree about Tupakshekel and a number of prominent forum flame warriors.

it IS free if you’re good at it tho… i mean there are lots of players who are running their accounts on Blizzbucks using WoW Tokens.

i hope to join their ranks soon, i just have to get into making gold cap.

how about let’s be fair and say it’s the best SINCE MoP, i’d think that’s a fair shake.

This is simply not true, SL is far superior than Wrath.

i enjoy SL more than most, but really that is a bit much, i’d say it’s the best expansion that we had after MoP, that’s a fair rating.

1 Like

Spits popcorn out everywhere!

Shadowlands is in no way better than WotLK… GTFO!

2 Likes

This is the most unique and ambitious expansion and tearing it down is idiotic, despite it’s flaws. It’s killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

The 15 + dollars a month is NOTHING, except for Winos, addicts and the homeless.

it’s pretty damn good, but it could be better, that being said it’s only just started, so we’ll see how much better it gets.

2 Likes

WoW lost 50% of subs after the shadowlands hype.

The game is just lacking in very fundamental ways. People like me are tired of trying to spell it out to blizzard.

The whole “dOnT LiKe iT DoNt pLaY It” crowd just doesn’t get how they are killing the game.

1 Like

the thing is though is that really a sign that the expansion is bad, or are player habits of playing a month or two then stopping bad?

because i think with some long term fans that’s a routine they’ve kinda fallen into, and that may not even change if the game is in a fantastic state.

1 Like

You’re missing my point all together. Lots of people are competitive and play to be the best the can be. For those players, class balance is important because playing a suboptimal class sucks. For players like yourself who play what they like and don’t care to be the best, then it doesn’t matter what class balance is like.

It doesn’t matter what the skillset is of the folks at Blizzard, what matters is the performance of the spec. The two are not related, at all. If you can look at logs and see certain classes absolutely behind others in all content, then there is an issue. Start playing with numbers.

Nope.

Next time post on a different alt.

Can’t even remotely take this seriously.

1 Like

so Legion 7.0 was better than SL 9.0? care to add to that?

1 Like

Wow too many people took this bait…

Yeah-no.

This expansion is boring, 9.1’s announcement and Blizzard’s direction for the future leaves me no hope for any creative direction. I do not like this expansion and nothing seems to be grasping my attention any longer.

2 Likes

Everyone cries about gear, they said they’ll fix it in 9.1 with WoD gearing.

Everyone cries about Torghast, they make it easier.

Everyone cries about covenant balance, and we’re seeing changes happening in 9.0.5/9.1.

I don’t get it, do people just cry to cry?

1 Like