Can we please have a new race for demon-hunters?

because turtle, dis, feign isn’t a couple buttons.

Orcs and Tauren (Highmountain, at least) appear to be able to handle their fel pretty well.

I’m slowly leveling a BE demon hunter, because I don’t duplicate races…and I want to vomit. The class bores me, and I can’t tell if it’s because of the race I’m using, its rotation (or lack of), or a bit of both.

1 Like

Lorewise only elven can become DH other races simple cannot contain the demon stuff nor control it as elven can.
Only DH race i can think of atm whcih would make sense are Nightborne. VE if they want to ignore the whole shadow thing as they do with priests.
All the others as lore states cannot be DH at all.

DH is just too linked to elven in warcraft lore, it would be wierd af to see a dwarf or orc DH.

Ya going bloodthristhy and extremely cruel is such a good handling.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d be satisfied if they only added two more race options: Void Elves and Nightborne.

I believe the AR were originally left out because of complications that would’ve come up with heritage armor. Maybe DH can just start at lvl 1 like DKs one day.

this will prolly happen in the new leveling system.

well, holy priests can use shadow and vice versa, but a void elf can’t be a demon hunter because of the fact that fel reacts violently and destructively upon mixing with void, with the fact that some demon hunters can’t 100% contain their fel and control it as is, a void elf demon hunter is all that more unlikely both from a lore and gameplay mechanic view point.

Nope, it’s either play as an elf, or don’t play as a demon hunter

4 Likes

night elves only managed to live for thousands and thousands of years due to the WoE and later on Nordrassil (via Nozdormu) giving them immortality. High / blood / void elves are not immortal. Even with the sunwell before it was corrupted and destroyed in WC3.

So I wouldn’t say they can live for millions of years.

If anything, out of the main races we have seen so far, Draenei (Eredar) are the longest lived race. Followed by elves.

We don’t really know how long the Pandaren live, we are merely assuming that it’s close to human/tauren/troll possibly dwarf/gnome hundred years or so. Sometimes in lore halflings and dwarves live for a few centuries, WoW hasn’t set lifespans. Only that elves are nigh-on immortal (and would really like to be for sure).

I was born for this moment

There were no Velfs or Nightborne in Outland for Illidan to recruit or train. All the Night Elves were volunteers and Kaelthas sent some of his Blood Elves to Illidan to be trained. Also it is not really clear exactly how long Void Elves have been around, they researched using void energy as an alternative to Fel. so they may have never used Fel energy, hence why they still have blue eyes like the High Elves that both Blood and Void elves split from and why no Void Elves followed Kaelthas to Outland.

1 Like

Stop trying to ruin the hero classes, they’re planning on destroying death knights with void elves and lightforged draenei as it is.

Honestly, it’s up to each and every player what they would like to be. Being a specific race can’t ‘ruin’ a class. Sure a Lightforged Draenei DK is a hell of a stretch, but who cares? If you don’t like it, then don’t play it. But don’t keep others from being able to just because you think they shouldn’t.

In short, let people play whatever the heck race they want to. It’s their character, no one else’s.

Nothing ruins games faster than people trying to dictate what everyone besides themselves cannot do.

No? Can you imagine a Gnomish DH?

I say add more very restricted race classes. Tinkers only for Gnome/Mexhagnome/Goblin, for example.

Wish granted.

The new races that can be DH are the Nightborne and Void Elves.

:croissant:

1 Like

The melodrama is strong in this one.

Link the source to this, please.

Legion should have stretched the lore a bit and introduced orc and draenei Demon Hunters as part of the Illidari. Both races were part of Illidan’s forces, and they could have awesome eredar/fel orc skins as part of their unique customization.

3 Likes

I don’t think he meant it literally.