Can we please get another chance at Legion mage tower weapon skins?!

Yeah, I dont think anyone commenting understands.
I did not play the game AT ALL during that time. I didnt even have a PC during that time. And like I said, which everyone ignored as well, I would gladly take part in an absurdly difficult/long challenge to earn them myself.

Funny how people just see a fraction of what is said, get angry, then just stop reading/rationalizing and just start screaming.

1 Like

That wasn’t meant to be me pretending to be someone else. I just liked my own post then realized it posted it on a character I havent played in a year, then changed my default. Figured my OP would update to what I chose as my default. First time posting in the forums.

I’m happy. I got all three of my pally ones and those are the only ones I wanted. But I don’t see any harm in bringing the mage tower back. It’s just appearances in a dumb video game :man_shrugging:

1 Like

And this entire thread is a great example why people shouldn’t be whining of the brutosaur getting removed.

There’s a ton of reasons why someone didnt get the skills
They weren’t subbed
They are new players’
They moved regions
It is a new account etc
They weren’t playing x class in legion
‘And none of them were about the players not being able to get them through skill, anyone who thinks they were a challenge for most are just bad delusional players who want to pretend they achieved something, the mage towers were a joke once Argus arrived and people had raid gear from a tours, people didn’t get them because they couldn’t, they didn’t get them because they weren’t there and had a reason.

Of course the bad players who want to feel special love the removal of stuff from the game, so good thing the brutosaur got removed too since they were too bad in ah to get mil gold so they don’t deserve it

1 Like

It would absolutely be Horde bias if they allowed the Alliance to get those skins again.

We’d actually have to do work to get them, so it would be Blizzard forcing us to do more work than the Horde has to.

/sarcasm

Or at least I’m sure that’s what the Horde bias conspiracy theorists on our side would say.

Entitlement: The Thread

Hilarious how protective people get over some pixels.

Yeah, no.
If you didn’t do it at the time when it was current.
Then you missed out. No skins for you.

2 Likes

I got the prot pali, disc and holy priest, and guardian and resto druid. They were the only ones I wanted. The tanking ones were the worst. Took me almost 100 attempts but I did it. Im proud I did it because I did it for me and not some rediculous “prestige”.

I would be fine with them bringing them back so others can attempt the challenge and earn them as well. My 0.02

2 Likes

While i earned the ones i wanted when it was around. I do look forward to it coming back. Maybe they’ll add them to the new tower thing in shadowlands. Maybe they’ll add new ones too. Removing things to do has never been a good thing. And people who want to be special and tell people off because they didnt get a chance to get it is kinda pathetic tbh.

1 Like

Put the tower/the CMs on a chromie somewhere. Level locked, item level locked, artifacts set to X level where applicable, and let people try. Setting the item level UNDER what people where at near the end would leave difficulty, but with good enough gameplay you could do it.

New alts you didn’t have, new players that weren’t even in WoW yet, old players that didn’t get to it

Then again, I don’t like any content being removed. Lock it to the difficulty that was intended through levels/gear, like herald, but using timewalking tech, would have been a much better course to take.

5 Likes

Well no, i did give you the benefit of the doubt. I know there are some people out there who legitimately couldnt play a video game for the whole year+ it was available, whether its work, injury, etc.

But i do not believe that there are so many that they should change their policy, and if they were going to it needs to start with mop cms, not something that was only a year and a half behind us.

Im sorry for whatever misfortune befell you, but i cant i imagine its bound yo happen again next time there is something like that, so either way.

3 Likes

Not possible, sadly. You can not recreate the challenge without modifying class design.
You see this pretty plainly in timewalking, right?

2 Likes

You know what? Wish granted.

You’ll get your customization skin for your weapon.

Catch: You can only use it for 1 week out of the year.

That’ll be 100$, thank you for business.

:croissant:

2 Likes

Unfortunately. It would have had to be something they had intended from the get go. At this point there would be so much they’d have to tinker with that it wouldn’t be feasible. Was just tossing out how I would have liked to see it handled.

2 Likes

Well, you can easily do it by snapshotting the ideal setup for the time and then phase players into that snapshot so they actually meet the requirements.

Whether it be 2017 or 2037 a snapshot of that character build from 2017 should be enough to keep the challenge as-is forever.

i could live without them
 i got most of the druid skins and that was the only unique thing in my opinion

the weapons all looked so shiny and bright it made all the other ones so boring and same feeling

what can i say
 when it comes to current wow transmogs i am a minimalist

We understand. We just don’t care. My youngest niece wasn’t playing at that point either. She is now that she’s 13. She really liked the druid sparkle kitty. I explained she couldn’t get it because it was a limited time challenge appearance. She said, “Aww
 okay. I’ll use something else.”

Funny how she acts like a grown up about it

17 Likes

A gold sink vendor mount =/= a limited time challenge mode appearance.

No other gold sink vendor mount has ever been taken out of the game before. That’s why people are upset.

Let’s not derail this thread, though.

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter if -you- weren’t playing at the time. It was for people who were, not for people who weren’t. You’re just as entitled as the people who don’t want them brought back. If you think they’re going to bring back something because you asked them to simply because you weren’t playing at the time they were available you’re delusional and quite entitled.

Time limited rewards are for people who were playing the game at the time.

You don’t see me complaining about the 10+ years of elite pvp sets I missed out on do you? I started this game back in late 08 when I was 10, I barely had the chance to get any of the elite pvp sets. I still don’t believe they should be available for me since I didn’t do it at the time. Same goes for every time limited reward in the game.

I hear you were not playing at that time, it’s regrettable you missed it.

However, it doesn’t change that people who were here then playing it achieved a time sensitive thing.

The same way we have ahead of the curve for raid mounts, titles.

I have several titles that were time sensitive and they feel special.

1 Like