Can we please get another chance at Legion mage tower weapon skins?!

You posted on a discussion board. We are going to respond.

The answer I agree with here is: absolutely not. I missed out on the Mists challenge mode gear set but I would never ask for them to bring it back. That negates all of the hard work and accomplishments people put into a limited time event.

18 Likes

This is not going to happen no matter how you wish it. If Blizzard still has the Ordos/MoP cape restriction in place after all these years then there is no way this will ever happen.

1 Like

They should also remove Mythic raid gear from older raids. Weren’t there to get it during the expac? “Too bad”

Trouble is they would lose more over the long term if they took your cash because people who worked for these would hesitate next time.

No.

Moreover, Blizzard doesn’t care what you want. They don’t even care about your money.

They have an army of lifetime fans who will provide them a reliable revenue stream forever, as long as they make sure they keep those fans feeling special for “investing” in the game when they did. Exclusive items like the mage tower skins or the brutosaur mount, or questlines like the Wrathion stories from MoP and WoD, are part of one of the most successful marketing strategies in the history of gaming. Blizzard would be stupid to give that up.

There are other good games out there who keep items and content around forever, or cycle most of the limited-time items back in periodically (though perhaps not as often as some would like). If cosmetics are one of the reasons for your long-term commitment to a game – and they are for many people – other games may be more worth your entertainment time and dollar.

1 Like

Raids aren’t equivalent to limited time challenge modes.

8 Likes

But Mythic raiding is “tuff” and people going back to get mogs they didn’t “earn back in the day” somehow makes me angry.

1 Like

Paladin was a joke. I heard Druid was easy but didn’t have the time to get the gear for it. DK was the only truly hard one. I had some of those horror spirit things spawn during the animation that ended the fight and I lost still. This actually happened to me multiple times and it really felt unfair. I DID get it. Eventually…

No. Time sensitive means time sensitive. Ask for new challenges with even better rewards.

5 Likes

I never knew it was possible to puppet like your own posts.

1 Like

Imo limited time gear shouldn’t be ‘‘tuff’’ like Mythic raiding. It should be accessible to everyone just like the Mage Tower.

1 Like

I got all the ones I wanted but i’d be fine with them opening them up to other people

I don’t even remember what most of them look like. That’s how “impressive” of an achievement/badge of honor they are IMO.

Nope! not gonna happen!

1 Like

Nyet, comrade

I’m sure there were people who legitimately were disposed for the entire year+ they were available to obtain, but still, I can not in fairness condone those returning to the game.

If they were the only thing ever in the game like this, I might feel differently, but they never offered a way to obtain the CM gear / weapons, so I do not agree that the Mage Tower should be offered again.

At the very least I hope it does drive players to act sooner rather than wait for things to be trivially easy to obtain, as no doubt many players who did not obtain the skins would have done in this case.

5 Likes

They should stat cap it and let people work on them. It would certainly give people something to go for while we wait for SL. I’d be fine with it, but I’m not one of those people who gets bent out of shape over people having the same things as me with less effort or whatever. Those folks won’t let it happen.

4 Likes

Blizzard declined your suggestion.

1 Like

Mythic gear isn’t marketed as being limited time. That’s the difference between it and Mage tower cosmetics.

2 Likes

haha… well spotted.

the only person who has hit “like” on the first post, is one of the ops alts. :joy:

6 Likes

DEYY TUK AWR SKINZZ!!!

rabble rabble rabble