Can we please get another chance at Legion mage tower weapon skins?!

They can add it to the in game store. I feel like that would be fair.

I’d be fine with it. Scale the content to where is comparable to how hard it was back in Legion and let newer players or people who weren’t able to get it have a crack at it.

Would probably even bring some players back.

Back to the crypt with you, necromancer.

4 Likes

The problem with wow expansions is that its like buying a car, then when you pick it up to drive home they have removed a wheel.

Thats wow content every expansion. New way to play a class and at the end you get content deleted. Got live paying for a product that reverse delivers
that and give sv hunters the ability to use dual wield with their abilities. I mean really if I wanted to be pigeon holed to one weapon type i would play ffxiv
which btw does not remove expansion content.

OK, I just saw this is a necro, so I’ve overwritten my comment. People need to not do that.

I wish they’d put a date on the front page to show when the original post was made. Would save a lot of reading.

1 Like

Conversely, they could just reward a hard mode Torghast with some cosmetic rewards (not the same models as legion MT) unobtainable after the end of Shadowlands. This is the point to having challenge modes. You need to reward the successful completion of challenging content with UNIQUE mounts and/or cosmetic effects. Watered down recolors remove the impetus and desire to complete this kind of challenge to begin with.

It’s not just scaling. You can’t replicate the experience because the Classes have changed both in abilities and access to Legendary’s as examples.

1 Like

oh god bury this thing where it belongs. it aint gonna happen

5 Likes

I reallly
 really dislike removing content that challenges players and making it expansion exclusive. I unlocked the skins I wanted for my priest, but There was reward in putting my efforts forward. Challenging myself to handle it, or push for better gear to tackle it.

Mage Tower was an amazing choice for Legion and I firmly believe it could’ve been a growing option to tune as the game grew. Changing how to challenge class specs and offer new customizations for the challenge.

Limited-time content like this and ‘muh exclusivity’ mindsets are a blight on this game. I say bring 'em back.

1 Like

That’s why I said “comparable” and not “exactly the same”

That paladin flail - only weapon mog i’ve been jelly over

Dawg, this thread is from December 2019.

1 Like

Unretire all the retired things.

I earned every artifact weapon on every class and spec. It was a huge undertaking and part of why Legion was so fun for me.

That said, I still want players to have a chance to get those skins today.

I don’t gain anything from having exclusive access to some transmog options. Limited-time cosmetic rewards are fun-draining.
More players being able to earn these skins enriches the game world for all players.

Make a timewalking tuned version of the mage tower fights, where players can unlock these skins!

1 Like

If you got all 36, you dang well know some things would not scale at all. How are you gonna survive Variss as guardian without adaptable fur? Or the 3rd or 4th annihilate on phase 2 without rage of the sleeper?

It’s not just numbers tuning.

You, sir, are THE problem in gaming.

2 Likes

People don’t seem to understand that these challenges are a marketing and retention concept. As such, they are a limited time thing. They’re structured to solidify the loyalty of an existing customer base, as opposed to being an acquisitional marketing tool. Where this company falls down on it is by not running these challenges during content draught for every expansion.

People know exactly what they are. That doesn’t mean they are good. lol

I’ve never been a fan of Blizzard removing content though.

1 Like

I got my Flail that’s what I care about, I don’t care about marketing.

/hugs

1 Like

Its funny how the defense against bringing them back is prestige when its not even noticeable outside your own self 
I get whispered how nice my xmog looks every single week , at least once . Nobody ever mentioned my mage tower daggers 

Its a “ME” situation here , make them available and most people still going to xmog something else , some will try to collect those missing , some will outright ignore them again 
some people just get offended by what others can have.

I have those i want , wouldnt care less if they do or dont bring it back , but i find the defense for not bringing them back pretty darn weak so far