Can We Open Up the Warglaives of Azzinoth for T-Mog?

Don’t see why not.

2 Likes

Blizzard has shown that if the community feels passionate about something then they will go back on a decision they’ve previously made. And this could be one of them, you never know. We just need to keep fighting the good fight.

But I mean, we can already transmog into armor sets that belong to other classes regardless so this wouldn’t be much different.

2 Likes

I’m just imagining how ridiculous the game would be if the same logic was used for other classes.

“Thrall has Doomhammer, so 1h maces should be shaman-only. Yes.”

Also remembering how silly it is that Hunters effectively have three weapon types exclusive to them (though our exclusivity is due to nobody else being able to utilize them rather than being unable to equip them at all)

4 Likes

well I have to agree, that would be silly

1 Like

I also believe they should be transmoggable on those that could already use them before, I just wanted to say on that ‘dagger’ you linked, oh boy, I hadn’t looked at that before, and there wasn’t a screenshot of someone using one on the page linked.

So I threw it on in the dressing room, with a two-hand sword for size comparison in the other hand, that thing certainly shouldn’t be classified as a dagger

3 Likes

Going to jump into a fresh comment here and first say:

100% this. Warglaives serve no business being locked to Demon Hunters. Aside from the obvious reason that the original Glaives were actually 1-handed swords, allow me to drop a few images.

Glaives are Elvish/Trollish by design:

Since Vanilla, Night Elves have been using the iconic tri-blade (since WC3 actually) and yet the only Tri-blades in game are locked to the one demon-infused Fel-ridden instead of allowing Hunters, Rogues, Warriors and Monks to use them. This image, by Transmog logic, is impossible because these are Hunter NPC’s wearing Mail but using Glaives.

Imgur
Literally, this image isn’t possible aside from NPC’s

Two: Blood Elves and Suramar Guard have used glaives since their introduction. Silvermoon City guards have used an iconic glaive since BC and only recently in BFA did they receive a newly updated, higher rez glaive…that is NPC only.

Imgur
These are the worst Demon Hunter-looking Demon Hunters I’ve ever seen

Trolls have also used glaives since literally forever. Zul’jins fist weapon in game would nowadays be classified as a glaive 100% but back in the day, it was a fist weapon.

Imgur
Vol’jins glaives - which he died using - are part of his story in BFA. And yes, they’re called glaives.

Modern Zul’jin made in Wowhead model viewer using his glaive not glaive

Basically: You make great points. I 100% used some of my own images from my recent thread on some loosening Transmog restrictions for 9.1.5 found here: Easing Transmog Restrictions - 9.1.5 Wishlist

If anyone says that Demon Hunters need the Warglaives to be ‘unique’, I’d tell them to look at every other unique aspect about their class: Big HUGE wings, unique class-race customization, special glaive-only animations, wicked visual FX kit.

I’m 100% in favor of DH’s keeping their crazy unique animations and all other melee classes using glaives with regular one handed animations.

There’s absolutely no gain to having glaives be so restricted on a class that can also use other weapons. If Glaives were the ONLY weapon DH could use, this might be another conversation.

Good post, OP!

11 Likes

Says the Human Male Paladin, just saying.

yes I am indeed a human male paladin and I did indeed say that.

what am I being accused of exactly? other than the forums general hatred of human male paladins that is.

1 Like

:thinking:

You can clearly see the subsequent posts I made. I’m not getting into that again.

Sure, but can we open up the Fangs of the Father for all dagger wielders while we’re at it?

Apples and oranges. Other classes are not able to do the questline required to obtain the Fangs of the Father.

Yup, i see. I still don’t exactly follow because i did tried looking for what you were talking about Deydradis being pro high elf here. Heck, the one i linked is barely anti high elf.

And looking though the posts, i was confused on why you didn’t link any sources to the claims you made about her when she did asked you.

I linked threads where she was clearly arguing for something made in favor of the pro high-elf community.

Having faction/race/class distinctions adds complexity, variety and flavor to the game.

There is zero need for this. There are literally hundreds of weapon mogs to choose from already. My hunter has fifty-four bows alone. Fifty-four. Even if I filled every of my characters spots with a hunter, I would still have four bows left over. And this a weapon posters complain as having a low amount.

Stop trying to homogenize the classes. Want to use warglaives, create a demon hunter.

You want legendaries opened up, but just for you?

Everyone can use Thunderfury that can equip swords, everyone that can use Staves can use Tarecgosa, Val’anyr for maces etc. Even if their classes couldn’t complete the quest to obtain them.

It only bolsters your argument.

the weapons also use warglaive animations as seen below:

oh that’s interesting, I had a suspicion the transmoggable azzinoth appearance made them into proper warglaives for DHs only. I guess that explains why they were made the way they are.

I’m wholly in favour of letting the artifact / DH order hall warglaives be specific only to DHs similar to the DK-specific weapons and so on, but there’s so many warglaives that just… don’t fit DHs thematically that would go so well for other classes / races and I really wish they’d open them up more.

They should really just follow the same rules as other legendaries and just be obtainable as 1h swords (with 1h sword animations) for all classes, and then have the DH-only warglaive one for warglaive anims off of BT timewalking.

1 Like

The three posts she has on the “More AR customizations” is just more or less calling Tahonto a troll, for basically his own established methodology at argumentation at that point. Or simply put, the way he argued his points. (Though this was ironically bathed in the tone of immature and sadly non-satirical “LOL you stupid, you’re wrong” dismissive sort of attitude that is the opposite of civility, along with the expected spam of rofl emojis, indicating it’s all just a joke to them.)

As for the other thread, out of the 10 comments she has, here’s the 3 i’ve managed to obtained.

While these aren’t pro-high elf in nature, the explanations or answers aren’t necessarily anti-high elf either. It’s simply offering an explanation on possibly why void elves can be or at least, look like high elves now. Having 1 character that can master their powers to a point where they are 100% control of it (or keep their appearance, Glen Greymane anybody?), it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility that somebody else in that group will eventually learn how to use that power to that degree, or almost to that degree at some point. Plus Legion 7.3.5 was 4 years ago to give some perspective. Lorewise it would reflect that since a good amount of time has passed as well.

That isn’t true. In order for a class to be able to xmog any of the other legendaries, they have to be able to complete the quest to obtain them. I just went on my warrior and he is unable to use Tarecgosa as a t-mog depsite the fact that I obtained it on my account.

What I am proposing follows the current rules for legendary transmogging.

Sure, but locking a weapon transmog to a class that came out long after the weapon was current content creates unnecessary friction.

There is every reason for this. You see I am asking for a set of weapons to follow normal transmog rules.

Opening up a set of weapons for transmog has nothing to do with homogenization of classes.

1 Like