Can We Open Up the Warglaives of Azzinoth for T-Mog?

It makes absolutely zero sense that these can’t be transmogged by all the classes that are able to obtain and equip these like any other weapon in the game.

Demon Hunters are able to unlock these a transmog if they jump through some hoops yes, however when DH’s transmog this not only does it look different when sheathed on the back:

the weapons also use warglaive animations as seen below:

Meanwhile, if you were to actually equip the weapons they would look like this when sheathed:

and they use sword animations due to them being part of that weapon class.

DH’s would not lose anything if these weapons were unlocked for transmog. In fact, they’d gain the ability to use the original version of these weapons for transmog if they’d like.

That being said, there are a number of common arguments people bring up when it comes to this topic and I am going to refute them right here.

1. Warglaives are part of the fantasy of being a Demon Hunter.

Sure they are, however we also have other items in the game that could be argued as fitting the fantasy of one class but can be transmogged by others.

One prominent example that comes to mind is Shadowmourne. Shadowmourne was a weapon created using Death Knight runes and houses souls. Do you really think that is part of the fantasy of a paladin or a warrior?

2. They are warglaives not swords, their classification doesn’t matter.

So are we just going to pretend that these are the only weapons in the game that look like one thing but are classified as something else?

Might I introduce you to these lovely examples:

And suprise suprise, anyone who can use those respective weapon types can indeed transmog them!

3. Demon Hunters should retain the exclusivity of wielding these glaives.

This is another argument I’ve seen and it also doesn’t hold any water. For one, warglaives themselves are a Demon Hunter only weapon type so therefore the class already has exclusive weapons. And secondly these weapons came 9 years before they were made a playable class and therefore weren’t used by them when they were current content.

With all that in mind and Blizzard wanting to remove things that as has been stated were getting in the way of our fun, can we take another look into opening up these weapons for transmog? No other legendary follows the rules of this specific transmog and it feels like something is being taken away for people who used these weapons back in the day.

31 Likes

Illidari warglaives on non-Illidari?

Nty.

#GloryToTheIllidari

22 Likes

Funny then non-illidari members have been able to loot and equip these glaives long before the Illidari were released from jail.

9 Likes

warriors rogues DKs and monks have been “using” them for years.

9 Likes

Ahem.
Clears throat
Glory. To. The. Illidari.

10 Likes

you mean the guys that got curb stomped by maiev?

5 Likes

They’ve had their glory.

We defeated the Legion 2 expansions ago.

They’ve sacrificed everything.
What’ve you sacrificed?

4 Likes

No one cares. Lore changed. Get over it.

1 Like

ah yes, all the in depth lore regarding transmogging.

10 Likes

The main reason we were given was the achievement workaround for when legendaries weren’t moggable (now a possibility) was it took away the sense of reward for those who did the achievement.

So what’s the solution, make a new exclusive reward.

lmao.

I literally lost my life and have been outcasted due to my status of undeath.

You don’t hear me flouting it to everyone!

Nothing in terms of lore has changed really. Not sure what you are getting at here.

1 Like

Yeh. It’s called “Blizzard decided those warglaives are only used by DH now.”

So I repeat get over it.

That’s literally not how that works.

lmao.

That’s literally how that worked. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

so like do you just hate fun? or did the warglaives of azzinoth specifically hurt you in some way?

5 Likes

Achievements aren’t lore.

lmao.

1 Like

Except those who still did the achievement would still be able to keep their reward.

Blizzard once decided that High Elves wouldn’t ever be a playable race on the Alliance. Should you have gotten over that when they said no the first time? Or kept on fighting until you’ve won your cause?

2 Likes

They were stupid on warriors and rogues to begin with.

You people need to stop begging for stuff and stop acting like spoiled kids.

Get over it.

Not talking about an achievement, genius. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

you heard it here folks, only KIDS are allowed to ask for fun things, no fun for us ADULTS!

3 Likes