Can we just move on and accept that there wont be RDF

I would prefer RDF However, I feel like the same thing will happen during wotlk and that was long dps que times, insta tank ques and you just gotta pray that the tank plays with his monitor on. I feel the more chances of groups disbanding is a lot higher

Isnt that what rdf is?? Forcing strangers to cooperate and do small content??

1 Like

They are the very very toxic part of the community… the ones who yell at the tank for going to slow or pull rooms ahead of tank then complain and post on forums about tank shortage and 35 min ques. Thats the majority of the screaming forum RDF crowd oh and “but meh alts blizz”.

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately longer que times for dps would certainly be a thing but it would still faster than currently for most servers. I do disagree though with the disbands. People are far better now than they were before. The odds of running into players that bad aren’t particularly good and if I’m being honest even if it were I feel the benefits far outweigh that negative.
Currently you could spend an hour or more getting a group and into a dungeon, find out the tank is a goober, the group disbands…well that’s far more demoralizing.

I’m sorry but this happens without RDF, RDF doesn’t exacerbate the issue. It’s simple on the off-chance you run into this you move on to a new group, just like you would currently. The level of difficulty for this content doesn’t match the difficulty and time it takes to actually partake in the content.

1 Like

also the “Dead” is off of raid parses.

not all raid in retail to parse levels. I do pvp there. I am admittedly also a LFR hero. Raid culture…didn’t click with me. Memories for lego’s were there, I was there for them lol.

and tbcc stacks stats. There was a reason, and still a reason to spam BT till sept 26 and the 15 minutes shutdown warning comes up. some really nice crew could still be trying to get Roger the rogue their glaives in that 15 minutes lol.

retail…deprecates raids. Seasons end they move on. CN’s only parses till season 4 with the new new revamps (okay…they rehashed a lot to string subs till dec) would be 25 new people needing a memory from it lol.

and no one parses normal raid. or they lfr it and hope for pops.

The only toxic people are players like you who like to dictate how others should play a game and deny people on smaller servers the access of doing dungeons. So instead of pointing with your fingers to others, I suggest that you take a good hard look into the mirror.

Im not anti RDF…

1.) Small servers got consolidated yesterday.

2.) Your also trying to force people to play a certain way… most dont like cross server anything yet your trying to force it on them.

3.) RDF since its inception has been the most toxic tool beside LFR to ever be added into the game.

4.) If you play meta and expect others to go to icyveins and follow there guides then you too force people to play a certain way.

1 Like

If you have gotten a lfd pop more toxic than a timed mythic that just blew the timer…I’d need to hear that story.

it has to be a good one lol.

1 Like

Have you played retail at all in the past decade? RDF is far from the most toxic tool added to the game. It actually hasn’t been relevant beyond leveling in years. These scenarios people use for RDF don’t hold up today. The content is so trivial that there isn’t much reason to be toxic beyond normal internet trolls that exist with or without RDF.

2 Likes

Lol lfr for deathwing… god those where the worst

1 Like

LFR yeah that is a whole other beast and really doesn’t belong in the same conversation with RDF.

The timer is rdf or feature if you will… a tool that breeds toxicity

Alot of servers got removed. Servers died because fewer people were able to make groups, so they leave.

I’m sure you can back up that statement with some evidence? Surely that wouldn’t be a problem. No one is forced to do use RDF. And from reading the comments from the pro-RDF crowd, I haven’t seen a single one disliking crossrealm personally.

Ye, not really.

Which has nothing to do with RDF and is really grasping at straws.

What? Sorry I’m not sure what you’re saying here.

The timer is a feature… like rdf that breed toxicity.

Are you saying that the Timer for Mythic+ breeds toxicity the same way RDF breeds toxicity? Cause that is totally not in the same realm…

3 Likes

Ok tell me why not.

Well you’re trying to compare Mythic+ which has a number of layers that can but not always contribute to a “toxic” outcome to RDF.
RDF toxicity which essentially boils down to you’re “anonymous” so therefore you’ll act like a goober causing your group to tilt, kick people or just leave. There isn’t negative impact really on failing to do the dungeon, not to mention the loot and rewards are trivial. RDF is low risk low reward content.

Mythic+ you try and push a key or complete the key at the very least. Usually it’s stated before hand what you’re attempting. The person using their key is the one taking all the risk. Failing to complete your key is very demoralizing so people can be very strict about the group and how they perform. There is very little risk for the person joining the group so if they don’t like how the group is going, just plain bad or want to be a goober they can just outright leave and cause you to fail the key. Not even getting to Mythic+ retaining relevancy all the benefits of getting good times on high keys and the challenge.

1 Like

Ive had more issues in RDF over the years even while leveling in retail then mythic+… some people like making there own groups ans dont want the randomness of cross server strangers.

Why are the RFD people so mad about this? Why are they trying to force this playstyle on people so they can lvl there 4th and 5th alts threw Vanilla dungeons?