Can we give Void Elves the Green Eyes?

Herein lies the problem, I’m assuming the green eyes are a fel infection?

Fel and avoid mixing is not a good thing, Xul’horac is a good example of this

Actually hes a very very poor example.

Hes literally when you push the infusion of those powers to their limits. Hes too much. No regular use of those powers would ever cause that in any individual.

Void and Fel mix just fine… comparatively to other cosmic forces. (In fact in the general scheme of things mixing Light and Void isn’t that hard either.)

Oh look, ANOTHER “give Void Elves _______” thread.

3 Likes

Egads. Whatever will we do!

/s

I’m assuming to keep asking for Void Elves to just be exact copies of Blood Elves, but with a blue skin option?

Depends who you ask lol.

I have a thread or two up for what I want to see.

Shameless plugs. >.>

3 Likes

As much as I would love to shadowmeld and stoneform on my paladin while keep her Lightforged, I don’t see them doing that. They could prove me wrong and do something like that, but personally, I don’t think they will.

I see this argument all the time, problem though is this doesn’t line up with the OG Blood Elves present for the Void Explosion.

For example, Magister Umbric (a green eyed “fel infected” Blood Elf) was directly infused with Void and he didn’t explode. He’s actually doing pretty well.

Considering this, the High Elves & Blood Elves being recruited and learning to use the void in Telogrus Rift should be just fine.

If Horde players can run around in Night Elf Warden Gear, and Forsaken hang out in Gilneas with the Gilneas Transmog Set, Void Elves should be able to choose Green Eyes.

At least the latter actually makes sense lore-wise.

Yes, this is the problem I have with the “fel explosion”.
how does it work, anyways? Will these Blood Elves’ fel eyes first sucked out or how is this supposed to happen?

It’s the typical “rule of cool” Blizzard uses to explain everything. And that’s why it will also no problem to have Holy Void Elf Paladins and Fel Void Warlocks.

The fel radiation that affected the Blood Elves was not an infusion. Its surface deep only, the only effect of which being the change in eye color. Strictly speaking all thalassian elves have the same effect. The magic they generally use changes their eye colors (supposedly). Arcane most notably turning them blue.

Umbric’s eyes changed color because the void infusion that he did receive removed the fel radiations effect on the eyes. And apparently void powers tend to give thalassian elves a lack of sclera and blue eyes. (All the original void elves and most of the current npc ones tend to have this coloration and lack of sclera.)

Today I learned the Fel emitting from the crystals in Eversong are Alpha Particles :radioactive:

2 Likes

Tbh, if there’s any blood/void elf customization I really want, it’s a lack of scler- wait, no, it’d be the iris. There’s several eyes that have a defined iris while still having the sclera be the same color (seen mostly with blood elves’ eye colors). I want no defined iris.

1 Like

I mean… You’re not wrong. lol

Taking this concept you’ve pointed out a bit too far and too realistically. I doubt they’d be literally Alpha, Beta or Gama radiation. In WoW we can kinda assume that those sorts of things do exist in some capacity but there is also magic which apparently has its own radiating effects towards living tissue. (and sometimes non living matter).

I’d be real curious to see like some gnomes or goblins or something studying the effects of such things.

But uh yeah. Fel Radiation. Kinda like Alpha radiation. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like you want the color of the eye to show through the glow or just the glow to cover over the iris entirely?

Either one would be cool.

1 Like

This one. If I can draw a circle that shows exactly what size the iris is, the iris is too defined. I don’t want to be able to tell where a character is looking with just their eyes.

1 Like

If mods would enforce the rules of spamming and actually delete and silence people for spamming the forums with the same topics again and again the forums would be in a much better place honestly.

2 Likes

Looks at all the bring back PL threads, and legendary complaint threads
God, I wish. :pray:

3 Likes

To those saying “Merging Void Elves and Blood Elves together would solve the problem” are missing the point and would only result in more High Elf as a Full Race threads.

The entire reason this whole thing kicked off was when Void Elves where datamined to come from Blood Elves for no reason. They where widely accepted when everyone thought they where a group of High Elves following Alleria.

People want the High Elf story, even if it takes a different direction. Not just because “They’re Pretty!” but because it’s been part of the Alliance for in game and real life DECADES and would just like to continue that in a playable way.

Blood Elves do not have this story, and Void Elves kinda have this story but mixed in with a seperat story in a weird way.

Some Void Elves might be High Elves but not fully confirmed. They have Subrace options which means you are one if you pick them as stated by the devs, but some of their racial features mess with that. Their leader is a High Elf, with Void Powers.

So it’s been unsatisfactory for all who are pursuing the High Elf fantasy. And just merging them with Blood Elves would not fix this.

And it’s not even like it would take much to put them on par with Wildhammer as a subrace. Just Plain/Braided Haircuts and some Jewelry. That’s literally all that’s missing from the currently established High Elf look.

Racial changes and Race Tags would be nice but all Subraces need those.

Now with the way the story seems to be developing, High Elves and Void Elves get along well and have a good deal of overlap. And if it keeps going this way they will basically be the same larger group with different specialized groups mixed in. Which High Elves already are within the Alliance anyway.
Draenei are the first to have gotten racial changes. So who knows if more will come for any past/future iterations.

Which could end up as a backdoor way of making fully playable High Elves, but if they just remerg Void Elves back into Blood Elf scioty that would result in a resurgence of High Elf request that are different from the Half Measures we have today.

So we have 2 solutions that would be acceptable for the High Elf request.

Show how Void Elves and High Elves are working together and increase the Subrace Options (Basically just Haircuts) with potential new features like Race Tags and Racial Customizations/Changes. (Which is highly looking to be the case in Midnight so far.)

Make an Allied Race. Preferably with a new model, and even even more Preferably with a new model that is used for both High Elves and San’layn so Alliance and Horde both get iconic and Highly Requested Groups.

4 Likes

Of course. Nobody wanted the Void Elves in the first place. They did find their crowd, but that’s like 3% of the whole cake. High Elves were and will always more popular, for all the eternity.

Blizzard could make them the best characters in Midnight, with bombastic cinematics and everything you can imagine - but nobody will truly play them for the simple reason that they tainted the decade long request, which transited the nerd culture and is known outside of the game. The Void Elves should have been an actual hero class with an unique skill set, to make them truly special and not just a compromise race for the Alliance.

They are full fledged High Elves with better racials, which happen to be Void Elf racials. A Wildhammer Dwarf wouldn’t be this appealing without Stoneform too, because they don’t use it in the actual canon. Or Magh’ar Orcs, where also a lot of people scream that the racial is awful.

100%

I still dislike that the Alliance gets a fourth dwarf race. If anything, they need not another cheap copy paste race. The uneven diversity is simply disturbing to me, because I play both sides regularly. And for some reasons the Alliance cannot stop shouting for Vrykuls day and night long.

I probably didn’t explain the idea well.

The idea is not to pool ALL racials in the game and let players mix and match. The idea is that every race has it’s own pool of racials to select from. So, for example, there is no, “Stoneform,” or, “Shadowmeld,” for a Lightforged Draenei, but maybe they’d have a racial to temporarily Lightforge an ally, increasing their damage, and healing received. The idea would be racials that add flavor to the race. Passives could include, “new recruit,” (deal extra damage) or, “Veteran” (reduced damage taken). Since the Lightforged don’t need food, water, or sleep, maybe an active racial could’ve been, “Sustained by the Light,” where they meditate and regen HP/MP at the same rate they would eating food at their level.

1 Like

To the people who say they are sick of all the high elf requests and that we want everything… you do realize this isn’t a high elf request? There’s NOTHING high elven about green eyes. That really is asking for blood elves on the alliance like so many say about our high elves on the alliance are. No actual high elf requester is asking for green eyes. That does absolutely nothing to net us what we’re after.

Understand, the green eye blood elf argument is solely stimming from void elf roots. Because silvermoon scholars are seen there. But void elf lore has nothing to do with high elves. Believe me we want as little to do with void elves as possible, and that includes the silvermoon scholars and the green eyes.

2 Likes