Can we get rid of rez sickness?

Would you prefer how some older MMOs did it then? How about losing XP? How about losing enough XP to actually cause you to lose a level, which in some cases would mean you couldn’t wear your gear anymore.

Rez sickness is nothing by comparison.

Anyone that’s actually complaining about rez sickness clearly didn’t play back then.

And really OP: at one point you’re complaining about repair bills? Are you serious? This game pretty much throws gold at you now.

Go play Classic, level a plate class, die a few times. Let me know how bad that repair bill is in relation to how fast you could earn gold in Classic.

ahh… ok, well… good :stuck_out_tongue:
it kind of irritates me when people think they need to restrict themselves to ONLY playing current content, because that’s what they paid lots of money for.

it makes me wonder how these people managed to keep themselves entertained with only endgame content through every other expansion.

1 Like

I agree with removing it, given how the game is now.

It used to be a penalty for aborting world pvp, or for wanting to travel quickly away from where you were.

Now it’s just an additional penalty because you died somewhere weird, and are already furious about not being able to reach your body.

2 Likes

Would I rather eat poop or rotten food? How about neither. Thx.

1 Like

It’s your incentive to strategize your pulls, so as not to die.

I say leave it.

1 Like

Well then they at least need to make corpse runs a short annoyance. I still don’t understand why death needs to be a time-related punishment, personally.

I mean, they got rid of the corpse run to instances, why does this sort of thing need to stick around still?

i just wanted to throw in something here, while the punishment is fine imo, you shouldnt be punished if you die in a way you cant physically reach your body unless you ran out into the fatiuage zone like a idiot.
IE: falling onto a cliff with a quest item, and if not remove the punishemnt for that scenario, give the player a ghost gyrphon like some zones do

1 Like

Well, it’s not afk, there is a lot you can do. Ultimately death has a minimal consequence.

Let’s not water the game down to the point where the only thing to do is slap loot pianists for the win.

I think I take rez sickness probably once a year at most. If you deal with it that often, you are really doing something wrong.

Theres always one person who would advocate for bad systems

I’m not sure what’s worse: getting rez sickness+repair bills when you can’t get to your body because flying while dead isn’t a thing for some asinine reason, or losing stygia in the maw because your body fell below the map.

1 Like

Rez sickness triggers me

Actually dying triggers me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rez sickness, corpse running halfway across a zone, and classes with slow + bad dps is why I mostly roll destruction warlocks, bm hunters and vengance demon hunters. One thing I really hate is having to rez where there are lots of mobs. Then corpse run farther away, then farther

You think res sickness is dumb go to classic where you need to literally AFK the 10 minutes, if you log out it’s waiting for you. That crap only looks good against everquest actually docking you several hours of xp.

And daze too, thanks.

Mightiest of Azeroth’s champions and a level 1 squirrel can dismount us.

All the immersion, lemme tell ya.

Yeah.

Corpse Camping. Rez-die-rez-die- rez-die 10000x using spirit healer.

People cannot resist the urge to troll.

1 Like

You’re probably right. Problem is it’s been an integral part of the game from the get go they can’t get rid of it now. Besides, then there would be a ton of outcry threads on getting rid of it tied to some Blizz thing trying to bribe us to be happy with the game for something so insignificant. lol :wink:

Beats the 5-20 min walks of old.

Beats having to recreate a new character.

If I recall the original plan was to suffer XP loss, and possible lose levels. 10 minutes of a status debuff is nothing

2 Likes