Can we get rid of rez sickness?

Just wanted to create a topic for 2021, because this thing is annoying to get when you can’t get to your body.

In what world is 10 mins of forced AFK a good move game-wise?

61 Likes

time to rethink your strategy
do some mail/banking/bag clearing
stretch your legs
log those alts you’ve got parked waiting for rare spawns
do some crafting
archaeology
troll in trade chat

…the only thing “forcing” you to afk, is your own lack of imagination.

25 Likes

If you get ress sicknesss you are special… very special.

11 Likes

Yes … it’s annoying. That’s the point. There rly should be consequences for dying. Just dying, ressing at the spirit healer, and continuing on would only further press the non-fail-state mentality that we have been heading towards for years.

What is the fun in succeeding if you can’t fail to start with?

13 Likes

I’m in the middle of doing a WQ for leveling my priest in Threads.

There’s that one that flies me up to kill the lich. I don’t do a lot of these WQs so I don’t know the map well enough. Well, I took what I thought was the path down and I took fall damage and landed in the middle of flying mobs while leveling.

So now my body’s in a spot I have no idea how to get to, and I had to take rez sickness. So wasting time finding my body and then 10 mins of hanging in the graveyard before I can continue playing.

I just got frustrated and logged. Kinda killed the play session for me.

What do we gain by this being in there? I don’t care about the repair bonus and stuff, but why the 75% reductions that stop play?

16 Likes

Man i miss giving lowbies in duskwood ress sickness. even then, their torment didn’t end there

2 Likes

I agree honestly just because of how far some bloody graveyards are in SL, and with how some zones re laid out it can take FOREVER to get back to your bloody corpse. It’s also the issue of if you die in an elite zone or where there are a lot of mobs (which is common in SL) you’re kind of stuffed trying to find a way back out.

I do think they should instead of a different way for them to punish you for dying. A stacking debuff to dmg/healing/hp like 5% redution to each for 15 mins? Idk. I’d say make it damage your gear more but that’s just gold that’s not really a punishment.

4 Likes

this probably isn’t a good time to tell you about levitate? :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Dude, I was on a mount, the path looked like it was stable, I wasn’t really awake enough to have the reflexes.

Yeah, the death is on me. Sometimes I do dumb things.

But, like, trying to recover from this death and continue playing was way too tedious. I just logged into FFXIV instead. I’ll do some leveling later here.

4 Likes

Maybe at least reduce the time to 5 mins? And maybe an additional 5 mins where hp and mana recovery slow by 25%? Just to make it more immersive… while still discouraging spirit healer Rez everytime.

3 Likes

I just don’t know why there needs to be a system that halts you from continuing to play for any length of time.

I’m already in a graveyard like half a map away from where I want to be. Why throw a timer on me that’s like “time out, dude.”

6 Likes

If you remove rez sickness the player base would find a way to abuse spirit healing.

1 Like

What, like taking significant repair damage to cut some travel time down? So what? Still better than being forced away from playing for 10 mins.

3 Likes

Relax. It’s 10 mins. Use the restroom or grab some coffee.

Sorry they didn’t give you a hug and resurrect you on the spot.

4 Likes

Well for one thing it helps filter out people who make a mistake and then take their ball and go home. Ideally before you ruin the play time of others with that same attitude.

Oh sweet summer child, let me introduce you to Vanilla Tanaris. It would be faster to take the 10 minutes. Heck I died on purpose to travel down there before I got my epic mount.

3 Likes

It’s there to prevent people from using it as a form of fast travel which is not the intention of the spirit healer.

1 Like

It comes with a hefty repair bill.

I mean, all it really did was end my play session, lol. I’ll do something else.

I don’t feel like the 10 mins of filibustering my play time needs to exist.

1 Like

Rez sickness is a time for you to reflect on the choices you made. If you are being camped then I suggest taking that time to grab a sammich…hic!

I view it as 10 minutes to reconsider why I died in an area that I can not recovery my body.