Can we get rid of rez sickness?

Any of the little islands around Ardenweald. I don’t remember the exact spot for Maldraxxus but happened to me while doing the nerubian quests from the necrolord campaign.

In Age of Conan we would jump off cliffs and rez at their version of the spirit healer instead of travelling across zones. It was ridiculous.

1 Like

I hope they add more rezz sickness

Other than pvp how does someone die outside of dungeons/raids/world bosses

How hypocrite of OP who been around since many years now come cry on the forums and try to use fancy words to try rally people behind their replies.

If you got yourself in a situation needing to accept a sickness. That’s your fault only, the spirit healer even gives a warning you need to accept that there will be a consequence.

Call gaming all you want being lazy but the harsh truth is that you were too lazy to run back and try escape whatever situation you were in.

there is in the rest of the world, where the mobs are zero threat to you while you have REZ SICKNESS, which is what the thread is about.

i seem to have issues comprehending context when i’m pre-coffee.

i can’t tell if you’re mocking my long-standing opinion, or agreeing with me :stuck_out_tongue:

if you’re agreeing with me, then… YEAH!

if you’re mocking me, then… it’s too early for me to be witty. :joy:

I just hate when you are on a fp and somehow get dismounted from a DC and your body is in an unreachable location now your forced to do the dumb res sickness

1 Like

Yeah. I really don’t think this needs to be a thing anymore.

Punishing players just isn’t the thing to do anymore.

Depends, some zones your body is half way across and its an older zone so you don’t have a ghost flight mount to make going to your body 310% faster. Especially noticeable in some SL zones like Revendreth.

I think Rez Sickness is something of a bygone era, just have the increased durability damage in tack where your gear takes 25% durability loss. Thats punishment enough.

1 Like

it prevents people using graveyards to kill hard mobs. Imagine if people just dragged world bosses to a graveyard and no res sick/timer. people would be 2 manning bosses with ease just rotating resses.

Well… for starters you have leashing… Also whats wrong with 1 shotting or 2 manning World Bosses? You don’t get more loot and you have loot lockouts. It’s not like the old days where you could get multiple pieces off a boss if you happen to 1-shot a Vanilla Boss with Reckoning.

Well for starters you can break leashing…

A poorly aimed or poorly timed Disengage off a cliff. Perhaps getting on your mage alt and forgetting where your Slow Fall is after already deciding to jump off a cliff or dropping off a flying mount to get to the ground faster (think Mt. Hyjal to Winterspring). People can do dumb stuff that gets them killed.

Not to mention if you have pets and they walk across your keyboard… many a times has one of my cats killed my character.

1 Like

Um, what? LOL.

Yeah, I got myself here. I had a dumb moment… (okay I do that a lot).

Maybe I was too lazy to run back, the effort to get to my body up a mountain didn’t seem reasonable. Options were frustration or forced AFK for 10 mins.

The options suck. If the goal is to drive me away from a play session, then I suppose it was a successful punishment for dying in a video game. IDK what else the goal is with 10 mins of a forced break from a game that’s in a genre designed around immersion.

Number of times I have had rez sickness per year is in the low single figures.
It is not a major annoyance.

this would be abused in bgs. people would just instantly take rez sickness (or the sprit healer thing I mean) and than go repair at a vendor or the vendor mounts

Walking back isnt that far. especially if you played classic-wotlk. now those were some walks. only 1 gy in each zone, so if you died far away you would spend 10 minutes just walking back to your body. tirisfal glades was a nightmare

Levitate exists btw…

I’m agreeing with you. You and grumbles are like my favorite people on the forums because you two use logic unlike everybody else he just seems irrational as all get-out.

I was mocking the OP

When I get res sickness I just swap to watching something. By the time it is done the res sickness is gone. Usually I only get res sickness if I get distracted while auto running/flying and I die too far off the side of the map… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like