Can we get Female satyr? Broken? etc and male Shivarra/Harpies etc

Well then maybe World of Warcraft should stop co-opting it?

1 Like

Female Satyr would be fine and would make sense since presumably Xavius had some ladies in his ranks.

But in general warlock needs more customization

Support warlock stables

why should they do that? world of warcraft doesn’t follow greek mythology. satyrs in world of warcraft aren’t male spirits. female satyrs fit perfectly well in world of warcraft and are, in fact, already established in warcraft lore.

Look it is Zuljin the famous Forest troll.

Artistic liberty = You may pull from mythology but you don’t have to be true to it.

Gender inequality lawsuit = You should go out of your way to sure up, fix and explain any unequal gender based junk in your game. Lest you get yourself into further hot water.

1 Like

Because, as has been stated many, many times, a satyr is an exclusively male mythological creature that embodies the spirit of the male essence.

It’s inappropriate, culturally insensitive, illogical, and linguistically wrong.

SMFH.

runs in circles, screaming

2 Likes

Says the actual minotaur.

6 Likes

pssst

Should i hide the felweed?

Actually I cba.

And we’re back to appeal to authority as the only justification for this.

“Blizzard did, so it’s right.”

Do you have anything else?

Or is this as very specially smart as you get?

I’ll “hide” it
 :smiling_imp: whispers “In mah belly
”

Actually

Tauren aren’t minotaurs.

lore wise no, appearance wise yes.

The real reason why Master Baiter was removed

2 Likes

Swing and a miss. Tauren are not minotaurs aesthetically either.

1 Like

I mean I can accept Harpies and Shivarra not having a male variant but I still wish they did.

Where’s the line for ya, then? At what point does an adaptation become different enough from the original that it’s acceptable to you?

Because if you’re going to un-ironically claim that satyrs are “co-opting Greek culture,” I’ll just argue that we crossed the line into adaptation years ago when WoW established them to be furry night elf demons.

Tauren went through a lot of design/aesthetic changes, but they were absolutely based off the template of the minotaur.

He was clearly too powerful for the wow community.

2 Likes

That is the only argument that is valid. It is their game. Their IP. Theirs to do with as they please, when they please and how they please.

You have the choice not to play it if it offends your sense of mythological accuracy (is that a thing?)

3 Likes