Can we get Christ Metzen back as lead came dev?

Chris Metzen, the true Warchief!!

2 Likes

Reminder that Chris Metzen was Creative Director during WoD.

1 Like

And until they cut it short WoD had a great story. Also some of the best questing experience in WoW.

1 Like

Nah. Credit the guy for the passion and for being a genuinely nice guy (even if he looked the other way too often), but as a worldbuilder and creative leader his ceiling was ā€œdecent.ā€

Dramatically overrated by nerd-types who think heā€™s one of them.

2 Likes

yeah, I sometimes think i was like the only one who didnā€™t hate WoD.

2 Likes

You are not alone. I feel WoD suffered because they wanted to get to Legion and the return of Illidan.

2 Likes

WoD was literally a beginning and ending of a story without the middle section.

I think it ultimately boils down to how well Blizzard manages to keep engagement with raids at a level they consider ā€œacceptableā€ for the investment required.

Itā€™s tricky because on one side youā€™ve got players who love raiding who want ever more involved and challenging fights, but on the other youā€™ve got a growing number of players who are primarily chasing gear upgrades and donā€™t care for the the commitments, time, and patience required for raiding at a high level.

That said I wouldnā€™t be surprised if on some level, Blizzard secretly wants raiding to collapse on itself as an excuse to stop making raids, because the bang for buck on M+ where you take a handful of small maps and duct tape multiplier knobs and affixes to them to produce infinite difficulty levels is vastly higher than it is on raids.

This has kind of happened already on the PvP side of things, where itā€™s increasingly rare to get new battlegrounds. Arenas are similarly much higher bang-for-buck than battlegrounds are.

What does that have to do with the quality of the game? You people act like you know everything. Relax with the cancel culture.

All that matters is the game being good.

To me, itā€™s sad that wod was better than shadowlands.

1 Like

It really wasnā€™t

1 Like

It was to me.

Opinions are weird.

1 Like

While I know for a fact CHRIST will be returning soon to judge the world and gather up his people, I doubt CHRIST Metzen is even a real person.

Now if CHRIS Metzen came back then WOW might be better but his hands will be tied for sure

1 Like

Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t have liquid in my mouth because I just busted out laughing.

1 Like

I have to like it bc Iā€™m still laughing

Damn so that picture is from all the way back before 1965?

I have tears and Iā€™m snorting.

2 Likes

Omg Iā€™m still laughing. You sounds like my parents. My dog is very concerned for me rn

1 Like

to me it looked like he left just before the storm that he foresaw coming :wink:

idk if he wants back in or not lol

heard hes making board games now but idk how thatā€™s going or if its going at all. i didnt follow up on that.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FreeWellgroomedAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-max-1mb.gif

1 Like