Can we get another forum software

this blatant flagging for anything that doesn’t agree with any particular poster doesn’t seem like a good idea

what does it say when i and others get flagged for saying unpopular opinions? is there a recourse for that?

for all its faults on the old software, it was rather pleasant.

1 Like

That wouldn’t be a decision made by the CS team. You’re welcome to provide your feedback in the General forums though.

If people are abusing the reporting feature, then yes, there can be action taken by Blizzard.

4 Likes

neat. i’ve heard about you

:eyes:

Yes…and I you? If I recall, the last name was Asketch? :wink:

6 Likes

no.

this context is lost on me, so i’m just going to forget this post ever existed

Your name is Etch, so Perl was making a joke that you posted on another character named “Asketch”, after the old toy called an Etch-A-Sketch.

Anyway, back on track…

Flagging in these new forums is the same as reporting on the old forums. It brings it to the attention of the moderation team. If your post doesn’t violate the rules, then there’s nothing to worry about.

As stated above, if they don’t violate the rules, you’ll have nothing to worry about.

If you are discussing the fact that many flags can get it hidden, that’s part of being in a community like this. Other players can still see your post, if they choose to read it.

If others are tossing out lots of flags, which cause more work for the moderation team, they can be subject to penalties. But it is rarely as simple of a situation as “I just don’t have the same opinion, so they get punished”.

8 Likes

oh, i did. i just don’t like perl.

on the old forums, it would just have shown a warning icon, and you had to click on the post if it got buried. however, with the new system, it tells you instantaneously that you’ve been ousted. like, wow, that affects me as a very special person, this should be a slow burn so i can deal accordingly.

some people just can’t hack the sweat before the decision whether to be approved or denied. you see, i’m thinking about ALL of us.

right. like that works. let’s be real, okay?

To each their own…

No one gets “ousted”. If enough people flag your post, it will be hidden and others will have to click to see it. But it’s still there.

You get a notification from the system as a courtesy.

And some people just can’t handle being told their idea is awful…

Yes, let’s. It’s happened multiple times. We see people in here complaining about it.

7 Likes

Etch, you might want to calm it down a bit. You posted in a player assist player forum. Trolling here really isn’t the best idea.

9 Likes

You’re a little late for a Sunday thread, OP.

Liking a contributor or not has no bearing on the accuracy of the information they provide: Perl is correct. The CS team are not the ones that decide what software gets used where, either in-game or on the web domain.

10 Likes

That was funny

2 Likes

oh my lord…

Took me five minutes to stop laughing long enough to post, it was absolute gold.

2 Likes

Welcome to the most heavily modded place of all the forums. Where the blue posters keep a closer eye on more than any other place. If you wish to be able to post on the forums, may want to knock off the trolling.

5 Likes

Just relax, if you don’t want feedback from other players, you can always make a post on twitter @WarcraftDevs or use the ingame suggestion tool.

5 Likes

The only automation is when you get shadowed. it’s the same as a squelch in game. A mod does review it, if you did nothing wrong, they de-flag it and you can post away.

In the future, try not to be so caustic at the other posters, say your piece and if someone disagrees, let it go.

4 Likes

I can see why your posts get reported. Ignorant statements liker this are probably one of the reasons.

5 Likes

you’re not helping.