Can we get account wide ignore?

Yes, that happens a lot with that one in particular. They seem to share my posts elsewhere in order to do so. Which is also why I think moderation is very lacking.

My thread was targeted earlier with flags as well.

Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe? - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Still up though.

1 Like

Yeah, moderation needs to come down a lot harder on random name calling, picking of fights, and joining threads in an explicit attempt to get them shut down.

6 Likes

this thread should have been shut down ages ago
vrak was kind enough to let the 2nd circus in for a bit but the main one still stays lol.
ppl been on and off toxic on here

4 Likes

I’m wondering if we can get to 20k comments before it gets locked.

3 Likes

i agree with this 100%

also not even "on and off’ just “completely on”

1 Like

lol not sure although at that point the thread is staying around.

Do they delete system threads?

1 Like

It’s an old thread and considered the “forum suggestion” thread. Every time a different one is opened, the mods mention merging them and that there’s already a forum discussion thread. That’s this one.

As long as people don’t entertain those that are here to cause problems, it won’t go anywhere.

5 Likes

I flag trolls when they are trolling. No one tells me who to flag because I simply make my own decision to do it. It isn’t a secret forum cabal when a person is either acting in bad faith or is so ignorant to the topic they are commenting on when most if not all of their posts have been attempts to troll or being repetitive gibberish gets flagged.

Then again, I’m pretty sure if it was a competition a certain hunter and paladin have collected more flags than there are posts in this thread because of the contents of their posts, not because of their names.

10 Likes

Yeah just would be nice if other forum improvement things mentioned in this thread were not derided as ‘derailing’, as seems to happen frequently depending on who posts it.

I was referencing my own posts getting flags on them, I really do hope you don’t mean that all directed at me. I am not trying to troll and I’m trying to be constructive, and not post gibberish. I try to improve upon my posts and how better to respond to people and certain things, if it was directed at me how do you think I an accomplish that?

I know the pala you’re talking about and I can see what you mean in cases, and I think the hunter as well. But I also try to understand where they come from at times because not every body processes or thinks of things in the same way.

1 Like

maybe This happened to the first Waggle thread after 20k posts and the 2nd was generated could happen to this one: if the OP is reported for some reason; the moderation takes no action on that report; then, the thread auto-soft-deleted 30 days after the report even though the thread locked past 20k posts with the 2nd version already being system-generated.

3 Likes

Thanks for this information

1 Like

Don’t you talk, you’ve been attempting in derailing this topic too to try and get it shut down. Especially with your “one down and one to go” comment from the other day.

18 Likes

Yes. The whole “complain about a problem you’ve played an active roll in causing” routine is getting old.

9 Likes

Imagine buying an account and boosting a toon just to try and shut down forum threads on a video game forum.

8 Likes

Eck! That’s even worse than talking to yourself about how right and polite you are.

4 Likes

what do u mean? u can post here if u got a lvl 10 on retail
takes abt an hr to do that

1 Like

Was referring to the one poster they aren’t level 10 but 70 and their armory is all boosted gear.

3 Likes

The oddest thing happened to me.

Few days ago I happened to log into my inactive Dranei cuz I’m gonna switch mains again in TWW and wanted to get a feel for which character I should pick.

Since they were inactive it gave me the option to redo my gear / quests / etc. so I clicked OK and it instantly gave my Dranei the exact mog you’re talking about and I instantly recoiled in pain.

oof but was it 424 ilevel stuff?