Can we get account wide ignore?

Yes, as well as when they delete every post that replied to posts that got removed means they seem to miss quite a few posts. The other problem I see is that quite a few posts don’t get looked at unless they get whatever quota of flags needed.

Almost assuredly would be less flags running around, which could be a good thing or a bad thing. It probably wouldn’t be much of a problem if every post that even got 1 was looked at, but I don’t think that’s currently the case.

1 Like

personally, if i had to choose between the following two options:

1. hire more moderation staff

or

1. spend money to change the forums

i would definitely choose hire more moderation staff.

Yes, good or bad it will be up to moderation to handle any existing problems but the ignore feature improvements would mean that less people would be uncomfortable with problematic posters that haven’t been given their forum vacations if players could simulate the effect even if for only their own perceptions. Primary thing would be like Sunday posts when things get particularly nasty, said nasty things end up sticking around longer or with habitual trolls that skirt around the rules enough that they don’t get actioned but still continue to troll.

3 Likes

I appreciate the offer of a Bubble Hearth, but my wife mains paladin - so that’s already covered. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Because the current system allows (and I’d argue encourages) bad behavior because people can just go alt hopping.

5 Likes

I choose option 3: Include the option for an account ignore and then hiring additional staff to make the game better.

2 Likes

The flaw to their argument that time: Both cost money. Both change the forums. Options 1 and 2 are more or less the same thing.

1 Like

They’re also more complicated and time consuming then simply giving players the option to ignore accounts.

1 Like

Because the current system allows one to bypass a person’s ignore just by switching their toon to another.

If people actually respected the fact that someone has them ignored they would not do that. But seeing how some people don’t have that kind of respect towards others and don’t seem to comprehend that when a person says no they mean no , we are now looking for a way that those people will understand without question what we mean when we say no.

10 Likes

She and I can team up and keep you protected via cooldowns. :shield:

1 Like

:white_check_mark: account wide ignores
:white_check_mark: account wide likes
:white_check_mark: account wide flags
:white_check_mark: account wide trust levels
:white_check_mark: account wide total post count

plz k thx

10 Likes

Don’t forget, it also allows someone to hop on an alt to troll the crap out of someone or just piss all over a worthwhile topic before hopping onto their main without anyone being the wiser.

The current system also has the flaw of people consistently only using flags on specific posters and not others, which is why ‘community’ led moderation attempts really never works well.

4 Likes

If enough people are “constantly using flags on a specific poster”, and then that section of the thread keeps getting deleted, then maybe that poster in question should really stop breaking the rules.

2 Likes

TBF, the primary opponent of Account wide ignore ATM has been arguing in bad faith and consistently failed to articulate any reason why it shouldn’t be implemented so it’s not surprising when people put them on the ignore list due to the conversation making it’s 3rd or 4th circuit within the afternoon.

3 Likes

Paw did you quote one of my posts? The forums are a lil buggy right now and it won’t tell me what you said

I have not, no.

1 Like

A thread can be removed and the OP is fine, that’s what Vrak said.

If a single comment is removed, and no surrounding comments get removed, I think we all know what that implies.

1 Like

Huh. On my end it looks like someone is mass reporting your posts but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with them.

Forums are acting super weird right now

In addition…if we already can do it, then there is no harm in allowing account wide. The lack of logic in the debate with mad is kind of well…maddening.

Daily support for account wide everything on forums and crossing to all games. Simplify it all down to one ignore and done.

2 Likes